pick Ubu's greatest hits!

  • Carl A Zimring
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      From Mr. Thomas:

      <pereubu@...>
      Date: Wed, September 1, 2004 12:49 pm
      To: "Communex" <communex@...>

      GREATEST HITS
      We have invited members of the newsgroup to
      participate (with very interesting results). Now
      we extend the invitation. As a long-term project
      we are looking at compiling a 2-cd Greatest Hits
      package. We'd like it to be as much as possible a
      fan-driven thing. If you'd like to participate
      please submit 35 Pere Ubu songs to this email
      address. Rules: (1) Only 35 songs; (2) Only songs
      performed by Pere Ubu; (3) No covers. Please
      write in the "Subject:" line of your email the
      phrase "Greatest Hits Project".
    • Wilson, Carl
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        Here's what I sent in the other day. Let the squabbling begin! (Wait, does nobody else care? <g>)

        Only totally unrepresented album is "Song of the Bailing Man." Not that it's so terrible, but it's a low point.

        Also: What was the other band that did this the same way recently? I've been trying to recall. Oh wait! I just did - it was No Means No.

        PERE UBU - UNSTUCK COMPLETELY
        Greatest Hits 1975-2005

        1. We Have the Technology
        2. Heart of Darkness
        3. Final Solution
        4. My Dark Ages
        5. Nonalignment Pact
        6. The Modern Dance
        7. Street Waves
        8. Humour Me

        9. Laughing
        10. Misery Goats
        11. I Can't Believe It (Live)
        12. Caligari's Mirror
        13. Codex
        14. Go
        15. Rhapsody in Pink
        16. All the Dogs Are Barking
        17. Say Goodbye

        18. Miss You

        19. The Hollow Earth
        20. Busman's Honeymoon
        21. Bus Called Happiness
        22. Nevada!

        23. The Waltz
        24. Over the Moon

        25. Worlds In Collision
        26. Oh Catherine
        27. Winter in the Firelands

        28. Wasted
        29. Beach Boys

        30. Don't Worry
        31. Electricity
        32. Sad.txt
        33. Muddy Waters
        34. Dark
        35. Wasteland
        PLUS one as-yet-unreleased track
        (which would be 36 but I'm assuming they're counting on that...)