Re: [fearnwhiskey] MuchMusic Americana (was: Re: Kinks/a blatant plug for Trio)

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 24, 2004
      What I was told was that Music Choice changed the way they offered the channel....from putting it on the basic list for all affiliates to making it a choice that your local affiliate will need to make with regards to whether or not to offer it. In other words, this is similar to the "I Want My Mtv" situation from the 1980s.

      That's what I've been told from the corporate level. I haven't heard from any local affiliates, so I really don't know if it is really that easy from them to offer. Not sure what kinda hoops they have to jump through to make it happen, but if you really want your channel, you should probably start by contacting your local office.

      steve
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2004
        Val and I recently updated our Website, http://Buffaloroots.com, with
        an interview with Gurf Morlix, live reviews of the Tarbox Ramblers and
        the goodbye to Buffalo show of Rex Hobart, CD reviews of Slaid Cleaves,
        Greg Hobbs and Loomer, among other interviews and reviews.
        If you want to check it out, please do so; if you want to send
        information or items for review, you can contact us through the Web
        site or to me here off list. Thanks.

        Kevin J. Hosey
        http://Buffaloroots.com
      • Kevin J. Hosey
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 3, 2004
          Question of the week, from a female at the music counter at the Borders
          in Saratoga Springs, NY, Saturday morning when I asked her where the
          Americana/alt.country section was:
          "You mean ... um, bluegrass?"

          Kevin
          http://Bufffaloroots.com