Town & Country, New Zealand. Monday 23 August

  • Blue Smoke Music Company
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2004
      TOWN & COUNTRY RADIO SHOW, 783 kHz AM, Mon 23 August
      nzcountry-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      ARTIST of the Week: SUZY BOGGUSS, Swing [Compadre]

      ALBUM of the Week: CHARLIE WALLER & THE COUNTRY GENTLEMEN, Songs Of The
      American Spirit [Pinecastle]

      TRIBUTE ALBUM Of The Week: LIVIN' LOVIN' LOSIN': Songs Of The Louvin
      Brothers [Universal South]

      RIP: MELVIN ENDSLEY, CHARLIE WALLER, ELMER BERNSTEIN

      * @ 8.45 pm THE KINGPUP RADIO SHOW. Guest: LOST JOHN

      * @ 9.00 pm RITCHIE ROBERTS paddles in from The Twin Lakes Opry:

      MERLE HAGGARD, To All The Girls I've Loved Before [Columbia]
      JIMMIE RODGERS, Frankie & Johnny [BMG]
      SLIM WHITMAN, Rose Marie [EMI]
      EMMYLOU HARRIS, Pledging My Love [WB]
      STEVE EARLE with DEL McCOURY, I'm Still In Love With You
      RITCHIE ROBERTS, A Fool Such As I [unreleased] NZ
      HANK WILLIAMS 3rd, You're The Reason [Curb]
      HANK SNOW, Tumbling Tumbleweeds [RCA]

      * @ 9.45 pm MERV WALTERS surrenders up his WMD [Western Music Discs]:

      CROCKET'S KENTUCKY MOUNTAINEERS, I Was Born Ten Thousand Years Ago [Cotton
      Town Jubilee Records]
      LILY CONNORS, A Sinner's Prayer [Rajon] Oz
      ARTHUR BLANCH, Shearin' Time [Rajon] Oz
      SHIRLEY THOMS, Just One More Waltz [Rajon] Oz
      THE ORIGINAL BEVERLY HILL BILLIES, Strawberry Roan [BACM]
      KATIE GEDDES, I Ride An Old Paint [Katydid]
      DARIN ALDRIDGE, Where I Am Bound [Pinecastle]
      HELEN HUTCHINS, Just Makin' Love [Rose Records]
      ROBERT ALLEN, Blues Over You [songwritershow.com]
      OASIS, I'm Running On [Ready Records]
      LACY J DALTON, Old Dog BLue [Song Dog Records]
      BOBBY FLORES, Be A Good Girl [CD-Tex]
      AL GRANT with ISLA GRANT, I'll Be Faithful To You [Rajon] Ir

      * EDDIE O'STRANGE has Dedications & a kitbag full of New Releases:

      ELMER BERNSTEIN, The Magnificent Seven [Startel]
      MARTY ROBBINS, Singing The Blues [Startel]
      CHARLIE WALLER & THE COUNTRY GENTLEMEN, River Of Tears [Pinecastle]
      SUZY BOGGUSS, Burning The Toast [Compadre]
      JAMES TAYLOR & ALISON KRAUSS, How's The World Treating You [Universal South]
      SUZY BOGGUSS with RAY BENSON, Cupid Shot Us Both With One Arrow [Universal
      South]
      LINDA RONSTADT & CARL JACKSON, The New Partner Waltz [Universal South]
      SHANNON SAUNDERS & THE SPLINTERS, Dark Hollow [thesplinters.com]
      PATTY LOVELESS & JON RANDALL, Are You Teasing Me [Universal South]
      KELLY LANG, Goodbye Darlin' [Destiny Row]
      CT FREEMAN, Love Will Bring Me Back To you [Olentangy River Records]
      CHARLIE WALLER & THE COUNTRY GENTLEMEN, Let Me Fly [Pinecastle]

      Our grateful thanks to all the artists, labels and studios who make their
      music available for us to broadcast nation-wide. New Zealand thanks you.
      Eddie <blue.smoke@...>

      Eddie O'Strange, Town & Country Radio Show's anchor host for 13.95 years
      Postal Address: 21 Redvers Drive, Belmont, Lower Hutt 6009, New Zealand