Kinks/a blatant plug for Trio

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 11, 2004
      Our new cable system gives me access to Trio for the first time, and damn,
      what a great channel. It's running a fine hourlong special on Ray Davies
      with vintage Kinks clips, Ray doing new and old songs in the studio (when
      will that solo record come out?) and interviews with Elvis Costello, Paul
      Weller, David Bowie, Chris Difford and several others. And there's a Clash
      documentary on tonight -- between this and having BETonJazz again, I may
      overdose on music television.

      Sadly, this was on the same day news came of Dave Davies suffering a
      stroke. Hope he makes a full recovery.

      Carl Z.
    • Mock the DJ
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 11, 2004
        Repeat to yourself:

        cable is good.
        we like cable
        cable is good.

        Just think if you find: BBC America, Ovation, Bravo or VH1 Classics

        >From: Carl Zimring <cz28@...>
        >To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [fearnwhiskey] Kinks/a blatant plug for Trio
        >Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:15:46 -0400
        >
        >Our new cable system gives me access to Trio for the first time, and damn,
        >what a great channel. It's running a fine hourlong special on Ray Davies
        >with vintage Kinks clips, Ray doing new and old songs in the studio (when
        >will that solo record come out?) and interviews with Elvis Costello, Paul
        >Weller, David Bowie, Chris Difford and several others. And there's a Clash
        >documentary on tonight -- between this and having BETonJazz again, I may
        >overdose on music television.
        >
        >Sadly, this was on the same day news came of Dave Davies suffering a
        >stroke. Hope he makes a full recovery.
        >
        >Carl Z.

      • czimring
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
          Must obey...

          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Mock the Cable Guy"
          <mockthedj@h...> wrote:
          > Repeat to yourself:
          >
          > cable is good.
          > we like cable
          > cable is good.
        • Jason Gross
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
            Though the Clash show is on Trio right now, if you miss it, they're
            re-running it on Sept. 13th and 14th. Get your Tivo (or VCR, if you
            still have it) ready.

            Sad to say, I didn't see anything about the Kinks/Davies program
            getting re-run there. If I'm wrong about that, please let us know
            here as I'm sure all of Kinks fans would love to know about this.

            Best,
            Jason

            NP- Does Your Hometown Really Care radio show. They've played Can,
            Camper Van Beethoven and Swamp Dogg so far. Pure bliss.
          • Carl A Zimring
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 12, 2004
              > Though the Clash show is on Trio right now, if you miss it, they're
              > re-running it on Sept. 13th and 14th. Get your Tivo (or VCR, if you still
              > have it) ready.

              Good recent interviews and choice historical footage. I don't know when they talked to Strummer, but it couldn't have been long before he died. It's worthy of a DVD release.

              > Sad to say, I didn't see anything about the Kinks/Davies program getting
              > re-run there. If I'm wrong about that, please let us know here as I'm
              > sure all of Kinks fans would love to know about this.

              The Davies show was on at least twice yesterday; I'm away from the TV today, but will check this evening to see if it's on in the next day or two.

              > NP- Does Your Hometown Really Care radio show. They've played Can, Camper
              > Van Beethoven and Swamp Dogg so far. Pure bliss.

              Jason B. is WRCT's most eclectic DJ. Has been since the day he got on the air. Thank god for freeform radio!

              Carl Z.
            • Steve Berry
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 13, 2004
                No argument here. I give a shout out for MusicMatch cable TV music channels. Now that the Americana channel has gone away, I've switched to the bluegrass, classical and jazz channels.

                -- SteveB

                Message: 3

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 13, 2004
                  --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Carl A Zimring" <cz28@a...> wrote:
                  I'm away from the TV today, but will check this evening to see if it's
                  on in the next day or two.

                  There's a website, http://www.musicstation.com/rockontv/, that lists
                  the musical acts that will be on TV shows. The Trio station is
                  included. It's a handy way to keep up with who's on the nighttime
                  talk shows.

                  Louise G.