Re: Re: [fearnwhiskey] clip for Carl Z: Bad news on the Blue Nile

  • Chris Hill
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2004
      > _Hats_ is an awfully tough standard, and in that context the last disc was
      > something of a disappointment. I still am looking forward to hearing
      > Buchanan's voice on some new material.
      >
      > Carl Z.

      Agreed. His voice by itself is worth the purchase: witness the stark rarity "Regret", where it's him and intermittent piano notes. Tastes vary - the BN list has been abuzz lately, with people mentioning their favorite and least favorite BN tracks/albums. Some of the opinions are definitely foreign to my way of thinking. I don't know art, but I know what I like. _Hats_ is a desert island disc for me.

      Fwiw, the first single from the album comes with the two b-sides of their first 7": "The Second Act" and "I Love this Life". Brilliant tracks - will be nice to set my vinyl single to rest.

      Chris
      np: Max Richter, _The Blue Notebooks_
    • Kevin J. Hosey
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2004
        Well, Buffalo's loss will soon by Santa Fe's gain; Rex Hobart plays his
        last show here Sunday, Aug. 8, at the Sportsmen's Lounge before he and
        his wife Paula leave Buffalo for Santa Fe, where Paula has an art
        conservation internship.
        Rex and his Buffalo band, the Wrecks, have been sounding damn good
        lately (I've caught them three times in the last few weeks, featured at
        Americanarama 8, opening for the Tarbox Ramblers a week and a half ago
        and headlining Sunday night) and the new material is pretty darn twangy
        and honky tonking.
        So if you're in/near Buffalo or want directions, drop me an e-mail.

        Kevin
        http://Buffaloroots.com