Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Clip: Mavis Staples

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3 12:13 PM
      --On Tuesday, August 3, 2004 3:09 PM +0000 Barry Mazor <brmaz@...>
      wrote:

      > her rauckus womens' blues
      > number with Ruth Brown and Natalie Cole, "Men Are Just Like Streetcars".

      That's quite a trio -- not sure I can imagine the three singing together.

      Carl Z.
      who dug the Prince stories (though my favorite is Charlie Murphy's
      basketball story)
    • Jason Gross
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 12:30 PM
        I hate to be among the chorus to cast aspersions on the Mavis story
        (especially since Kot is one of my favorite writers) but I have to
        wonder about the Dylan story.

        Mavis said that they had been going out for a few years and then
        broke it off in 1969- by that time, Dylan had been married to his
        wife Sara for a few years (since 1965) so that seems kind of odd.

        Best,
        Jason