Re: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: RT, DT, Pentangle, John Renbourn

  • kjhosey@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 20, 2004
      Linda,
      I am not sure how many, if any, other people here share my opinion, but I was incredibly disappointed with Linda Thompson's CD, both her singing and the songs themselves. Some of the playing was pretty good, but I was surprised by how pedestrian, mediocre and sometimes worse the CD sounded to me.

      Kevin
      http://Buffaloroots.com

    • rickkelly1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 20, 2004
        i do not share your opinion in any way. i thought that Fashionably Late was a magnificent record, one that i listened to relentlessly for months and months. - i thought her singing was great, and the songs and playing were great - it's brilliant gardening music.

      • kjhosey@adelphia.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 20, 2004
          Rick,
          I realize that I may be one of the very few people here or anywhere who does not like Fashionably Late; I have really enjoyed her work with Richard Thompson, but the solo CD just left me cold. I guess I am alone in not getting it, but reassured we disagree <g>.

          Kevin
          http://Buffaloroots.com
          NP - The fan. pushing around hot air in my non-air conditioned government office

          > From: rickkelly1@...
          > Date: 2004/07/20 Tue PM 04:16:17 EDT
          > To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: RT, DT, Pentangle, John Renbourn
          >
          > i do not share your opinion in any way. i thought that Fashionably Late was a magnificent record, one that i listened to relentlessly for months and months. - i thought her singing was great, and the songs and playing were great - it's brilliant gardening music.
          >

          > n a message dated 7/20/2004 2:28:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, <kjhosey@...> writes:
          >
          > >Linda,
          > >I am not sure how many, if any, other people here share my opinion, but I was incredibly disappointed with Linda Thompson's CD, both her singing and the songs themselves. Some of the playing was pretty good, but I was surprised by how pedestrian, mediocre and sometimes worse the CD sounded to me.
          > >
          > >Kevin
          > >http://Buffaloroots.com
        • Kevin J. Hosey
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 21, 2004
            Hello, fellow listers,
            the newest edition of http://Buffaloroots.com, volume 3 (B, because we
            had a soft/unannounced launch last week) is now online. This edition is
            all live, including reviews of Rosie Flores, Richard Thompson and
            Americanarama 8 (featuring Rex Hobart and the Wrecks and Two Cow
            Garage).
            I thank everyone here for their input on Richard Thompson song titles
            as well as other comments on the site, and Val and I are happy we are
            keeping up better with the Web site, after some work and personal crap
            finally seemed to have eased up a bit.
            We have already started on the next edition with an interview with Gurf
            Morlix done, and we will get to the ever-increasing stack of CDs next
            to and around me. Thank you to everyone who has sent us CDs and other
            things and are showing patience.

            Kevin (and Val)
            http://Buffaloroots.com