Re: Ronnie Ray-gun

  • Susan McTigue
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 7, 2004
      Carl:

      > waited over a decade to do a show on Reagan's death

      There's also Van Dyke Parks' album "Tokyo Rose" with the song
      "Trade War"

      Trade war!
      Thanks to our man Ronald Reagan
      He is gone and we are begging
      For just the interest on the loan
      And calamity unknown
      etc.

      Susan
    • Barry Mazor
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 8, 2004
        This, uh, alt.remembrance reminds us that Talking Heads' "The Road to
        Nowhere" may be the ultimate Reagan song..

        http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0423/carson.php
      • kjhosey@adelphia.net
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 8, 2004
          Talk about surreal; I just finished reading Tom Carson's column while listening to/hearing Rush Limbaugh go on and on and on about the "hatred" he has heard "liberal" commentators use toward Reagan after three days of peace over his record/actions.
          This is a serious example of divergent views of America or divergent Americas.
          FYI, I now work in the Democratic majority office of the Erie County Legislature; some people here like knowing their enemy, some are outraged but entertained. I am sickened and know this blowhard way too well.

          Kevin

          > From: "Barry Mazor" <brmaz@...>
          > Date: 2004/06/08 Tue AM 10:05:13 EDT
          > To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Ronnie Ray-gun
          >
          > This, uh, alt.remembrance reminds us that Talking Heads' "The Road to
          > Nowhere" may be the ultimate Reagan song..
          >
          > http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0423/carson.php
        • David Atteberry
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 8, 2004
            I knew this week would be hard to take, but this is too much.

            http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040608/ap_on_go_co/reagan_us_money_1

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT