#1 song on your birthday

  • David Atteberry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2004
      This is kinda fun. Here's a way to find the what song was number one
      the day you were born.

      When I was born (12-03-71) the Theme from Shaft was atop the charts.
      Hell yeah.

      http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/cont/choose.html

      David

    • Perfect Sound Forever
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2004
        > Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 17:43:37 -0700 (PDT)
        > From: David Atteberry <bikejazzboy@...>
        >
        >This is kinda fun. Here's a way to find the what song was number one
        >the day you were born.
        >
        >When I was born (12-03-71) the Theme from Shaft was atop the charts.
        >Hell yeah.
        >

        >http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/cont/choose.html

        When I met guitarist Robert Quine, the first thing he asked me as when my
        birthday was. I told him and he said "Mrs. Brown You Have a Lovely
        Daughter," explaining that he could figure out what was number 1 on the
        charts at the time. I just smiled and nodded, thinking that was cute. I
        went home and looked it up, just out of curiosity. He was right. I'd
        rather not say what year that song came out though.

        Also for the Reagan list- Old School's "Homeless" (the grade school punk band).

        Best,
        Jason

        Perfect Sound Forever
        online music magazine
        http://www.perfectsoundforever.com
      • kjhosey@adelphia.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7, 2004
          "Mr. Custer," by Larry Verne; egad.

          Kevin

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 7, 2004
            --On Sunday, June 6, 2004 11:35 AM -0400 Perfect Sound Forever
            <perfectlist@...> wrote:

            > When I met guitarist Robert Quine, the first thing he asked me as when my
            > birthday was. I told him and he said "Mrs. Brown You Have a Lovely
            > Daughter," explaining that he could figure out what was number 1 on the
            > charts at the time. I just smiled and nodded, thinking that was cute. I
            > went home and looked it up, just out of curiosity. He was right. I'd
            > rather not say what year that song came out though.

            That provides some insight into the mind that could come up with those
            compact, dissonant solos. I will miss him.

            The hits:
            US: 5th Dimension, "Wedding Bell Blues"
            UK: Archies, "Sugar Sugar"