jrlp (was: Steve's playlist for WXDU 6/2/4)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
      --On Thursday, June 3, 2004 9:56 AM -0400 Steve Gardner <steve@...>
      wrote:

      > I was listening to the album again this morning (of course) and just am
      > amazed at how immediately great it is. I mean, I fucking love it. I'm
      > ecstatic. I guess I've finally found a record to knock Iron and Wine out
      > of the top spot for my album of the year.

      I've heard a lot fewer discs this year than you have, but _Customs_ is
      safely at the top of the list. If I may make a request for next week,
      "Kelly Grand Forks" is probably my favorite song at the moment.

      >> happy Joel's cover of "Pink Frost" is finally out on the bonus disc
      >
      > Yep. And the other two covers (24 Hours by Joy Division and Flying Shoes
      > by Townes Van Zandt) are great too.

      Yep. And that "what are you doing here, cowboy?" song just will not get
      out of my head.

      Carl Z.
      NP: uh, _Customs_
    • Steve Gardner
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
        I've heard a lot fewer discs this year than you have, but _Customs_ is
        safely at the top of the list. If I may make a request for next week,
        "Kelly Grand Forks" is probably my favorite song at the moment.
        ==
        Granted.

        >> happy Joel's cover of "Pink Frost" is finally out on the bonus disc
        >
        > Yep. And the other two covers (24 Hours by Joy Division and Flying Shoes
        > by Townes Van Zandt) are great too.

        Yep. And that "what are you doing here, cowboy?" song just will not get
        out of my head.
        ===
        How about "Mother I'm Missing"? Now that's a weeper!

        steve
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2004
          --On Thursday, June 3, 2004 10:43 AM -0400 Steve Gardner
          <steve@...> wrote:

          > How about "Mother I'm Missing"? Now that's a weeper!

          Yeah, he's amassing quite the heart-wrenching musical family tree between
          that and "Now That You Are Found"...