Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on May 27, 2004

  • jwmoosefan2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2004
      Better late than never.....

      Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on May 27, 2004

      Key: Artist - Title - Album - +=Request *=New
      [Notes]

      Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) -
      Complete Stax-Volt Singles (1959-68)

      Beatles - Don't Let Me Down - Past Masters- Vol. 2

      Arthur Alexander - Soldier Of Love (Lay Down Your Arms) - The
      Ultimate Arthur Alexander+
      [ This request went out to Amy from KC. ]

      -------- - -------- - --------

      The Impressions - We're A Winner - Definitive Impressions

      Candi Staton - I'm Just A Prisoner (Of You're Good Lovin') - Candi
      Staton*

      Shelby Lynne - Life Is Bad - I Am Shelby Lynne

      -------- - -------- - --------

      Steveie Wonder - I Wish - Songs In The Key Of Life

      Nikka Costa - Everybody Got Their Something - Everybody Got Their
      Something
      [ I figured since this song is being used in a commercial right
      now that I'd let people hear it in it's entirety and without the
      distraction. ]

      -------- - -------- - --------

      The Dirtbombs - Underdog - Ultraglide In Black
      [ Soul meets garage rock on this fine cover of Sly & The Family
      Stone's first single. ]

      Marah - Point Breeze - Kids In Philly
      [ Appearing at Twangfest at the Blueberry Hill Duck Room on
      Thursday (June 10th) along with Adrienne Young & Little Sadie, Cary
      Hudson, and The Handsome Family. I'm telling you...seeing & hearing
      Marah live is a force of nature. ]

      Elvis Costello - Tear Off Your Own Head (It's A Doll Revolution) -
      When I Was Cruel

      -------- - -------- - --------

      T-Bone Burnett - Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend - Trap Door EP

      Sam Phillips - Reflecting Light - A Boot And A Shoe*
      [ Sure to be one of my favorite 10 songs of the year. ]

      Richard & Linda Thompson - Withered & Died - I Want To See The
      Bright Lights Tonight

      -------- - -------- - --------

      The Kinks - Dedicated Follower Of Fashion - The Ultimate Collection

      Grand Champeen - Bottle Glass - The One That Brought You
      [ Grand Champeen will be appearing at Twangfest at the Blueberry
      Hill Duck Room on Saturday, June 12th. Great band to see & hear
      live. ]

      Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 - Strange New World - Official Blue Rose
      Bootleg Series*
      [ I've been spreading misinformation...this is available at TWO
      (not one) places.....www.stevewynn.net and www.bluerose-records.de ]

      -------- - -------- - --------

      Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers - Affection - The Best Of
      Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers: The Beserkley Years

      The Long Winters - Stupid - When I Pretend To Fall

      Holly Golightly - Time Will Tell - Truly She Is None Other

      -------- - -------- - --------

      Tommy Womack - Circus Town - Circus Town
      [ Tommy Womack will be appearing as part of an impressive double
      bill along with Mike Ireland & Holler at Frederick's Music Lounge on
      Saturday, June 5th. ]

      Aimee Mann - Mr. Harris - Whatever

      -------- - -------- - --------

      Robbie Fulks - Cocktails - 13 Hillbilly Giants
      [ Robbie Fulks will be headlining Friday night (June 11th) at
      the Blueberry Hill Duck Room on night three of Twangfest which also
      features Grey DeLisle, Susanna Van Tassel & Jim Stringer & The Austin
      Music Band, and Paul Burch & The WPA Ballclub. ]

      The Handsome Family - Weightless Again - Through The Trees
      [ The Handsome Family will appearing at the Blueberry Hill Duck
      Room on night two of Twangfest on Thursday (June 10th) ]

      Mike Ireland & Holler - The Other Way - Try Again
      [ Mike Ireland & Holler will be appearing as part of a fine
      double bill along with Tommy Womack at Frederick's Music Lounge on
      Saturday, June 5th. ]

      Loretta Lynn - Story Of My Life - Van Lear Rose*

      Charlie Walker - Truck Drivin' Cat With Nine Wives - Charlie
      Walker: Greatest Honky Tonk Songs
      [ Even if this song was terrible (which it isn't), it would
      still deserve airplay just because of the song title. ]

      Bob Dylan - Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You - Live 1975+
      [ This request went out to Sean & Keir. ]

      Chuck Higgins - Broke - Pachucko Hop