Re: [fearnwhiskey] Analogies ?

    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2004
      I'm pretty sure this list is old enough that those students are now
      established businesspeople. (If in fact they actually exist.)

      Back in my old office we use to collect the most egregious statements our
      world history students made on a Wall of Shame. (For example, identifying
      Aztecs as Buddhists and thus "a mellow people".) If it's still there, I
      may report a few when I get back from Pittsburgh later this month.

      Carl Z.

      --On Wednesday, May 5, 2004 9:13 AM -0500 David Cantwell
      <cantkill@...> wrote:

      > A couple of these are actually pretty good. In at least a few cases here,
      > in fact, I'm guessing the humor is deliberate.
      >
      > These aren't the students real names are they? If they are, I sure hope
      > whoever put this list together got the student's permission... --david
      > "english teacher" cantwell
    • Terry J. Harris
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2004
        Indeed, the humor is deliberate. The source is a humor contest run in
        the Washington Post on Sundays.

        Terry