Re: [fearnwhiskey] Analogies ?

  • Andy Benham
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2004
      On 5 May 2004 at 9:13, David Cantwell wrote:

      > A couple of these are actually pretty good. In at least a few cases here, in
      > fact, I'm guessing the humor is deliberate.
      >
      > These aren't the students real names are they? If they are, I sure hope
      > whoever put this list together got the student's permission... --david
      > "english teacher" cantwell

      No idea, that's exactly how the email was sent to me.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2004
        I'm pretty sure this list is old enough that those students are now
        established businesspeople. (If in fact they actually exist.)

        Back in my old office we use to collect the most egregious statements our
        world history students made on a Wall of Shame. (For example, identifying
        Aztecs as Buddhists and thus "a mellow people".) If it's still there, I
        may report a few when I get back from Pittsburgh later this month.

        Carl Z.

        --On Wednesday, May 5, 2004 9:13 AM -0500 David Cantwell
        <cantkill@...> wrote:

        > A couple of these are actually pretty good. In at least a few cases here,
        > in fact, I'm guessing the humor is deliberate.
        >
        > These aren't the students real names are they? If they are, I sure hope
        > whoever put this list together got the student's permission... --david
        > "english teacher" cantwell
      • Terry J. Harris
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2004
          Indeed, the humor is deliberate. The source is a humor contest run in
          the Washington Post on Sundays.

          Terry