Re: [fearnwhiskey] Analogies ?

  • David Cantwell
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2004
      A couple of these are actually pretty good. In at least a few cases here, in
      fact, I'm guessing the humor is deliberate.

      These aren't the students real names are they? If they are, I sure hope
      whoever put this list together got the student's permission... --david
      "english teacher" cantwell
    • Andy Benham
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2004
        On 5 May 2004 at 9:13, David Cantwell wrote:

        > A couple of these are actually pretty good. In at least a few cases here, in
        > fact, I'm guessing the humor is deliberate.
        >
        > These aren't the students real names are they? If they are, I sure hope
        > whoever put this list together got the student's permission... --david
        > "english teacher" cantwell

        No idea, that's exactly how the email was sent to me.
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2004
          I'm pretty sure this list is old enough that those students are now
          established businesspeople. (If in fact they actually exist.)

          Back in my old office we use to collect the most egregious statements our
          world history students made on a Wall of Shame. (For example, identifying
          Aztecs as Buddhists and thus "a mellow people".) If it's still there, I
          may report a few when I get back from Pittsburgh later this month.

          Carl Z.

          --On Wednesday, May 5, 2004 9:13 AM -0500 David Cantwell
          <cantkill@...> wrote:

          > A couple of these are actually pretty good. In at least a few cases here,
          > in fact, I'm guessing the humor is deliberate.
          >
          > These aren't the students real names are they? If they are, I sure hope
          > whoever put this list together got the student's permission... --david
          > "english teacher" cantwell
        • Terry J. Harris
          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2004
            Indeed, the humor is deliberate. The source is a humor contest run in
            the Washington Post on Sundays.

            Terry