RE: [fearnwhiskey] Clip: Mission of Burma Un-Breakup

  • Wilson, Carl
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2004
      > If it's better than Wire's recent output, consider me
      > salivating to grab a copy.

      well, to be honest, Wire is the only rival. And Wire might still hold the crown; it'll take more listening to decide. I almost said so in the first place but didn't want to dilute the enthusiasm for the MoB album. and it's possible the MoB *is* better - more emotional depth maybe - but premature to say.

      carl w
    • Dave Purcell
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2004
        CarlW:

        <<well, to be honest, Wire is the only rival. And Wire might still hold
        the crown; it'll take more listening to decide. I almost said so in the
        first place but didn't want to dilute the enthusiasm for the MoB album.
        and it's possible the MoB *is* better - more emotional depth maybe - but
        premature to say. >>

        Tell us more! Is it more hooky (a la "Revolver") or noisy? Both?

        Can't wait.

        dp
      • Wilson, Carl
        Message 3 of 9 , May 3, 2004
          > Tell us more! Is it more hooky (a la "Revolver") or noisy? Both?

          Both! Both!

          That's why i like it so much.

          carl w.
          possibly now in the overhyping zone, but what the hell?
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2004
            --On Monday, May 3, 2004 4:05 PM -0400 "Wilson, Carl"
            <cwilson@...> wrote:

            >> Tell us more! Is it more hooky (a la "Revolver") or noisy? Both?
            >
            > Both! Both!
            >
            > That's why i like it so much.

            A fair split of Clint songs vs. Roger songs?

            > carl w.
            > possibly now in the overhyping zone, but what the hell?

            Heh, now we have a couple suspected members of the Matador street team on
            this list! (The other is the list moderator.)

            Carl Z.
          • Mock the DJ
            Message 5 of 9 , May 7, 2004
              >From: Carl Zimring <cz28@...>

              >A fair split of Clint songs vs. Roger songs?

              15 tracks total.
              7 Miller
              5 Conley
              3 Prescott

              Does anyone know the reason that there is no track #9 on the disc?

              Paul

            • Catherine Lewis
              Message 6 of 9 , May 7, 2004
                On Fri, 7 May 2004, Mock the DJ wrote:
                > Does anyone know the reason that there is no track #9 on the disc?

                Wasn't that supposed to represent the "pause" as you flipped over the LP?

                C.