Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: are there premiums?

Expand Messages
  • czimring
    ... Coffee mug ... list. ... Cool, I m getting pledges! Dan, you can have all of those things if we somehow get you to St. Louis for Twangfest this year. (If
    Message 1 of 26 , May 19, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Dan Rigney <rigney@i...> wrote:
      > I'm hoping we can get signed glossies of Mr. Z., or an Efendubya
      Coffee mug
      > or a vegan matzoh ball soup recipe out of our membership in this
      list.
      >
      > Dan "or a Carl Zimring scrap metal decoder ring" Rigney

      Cool, I'm getting pledges! Dan, you can have all of those things if
      we somehow get you to St. Louis for Twangfest this year. (If there's
      anyone on list who's unaware of Twangfest, check out www.twangfest.org
      and click around.)

      I'm not above bribery,
      Carl
    • czimring
      ... Yep, all of the above. News-wise, I don t know if Joel has anything coming out -- last I heard he had moved to Vancouver and was going to get married. KH
      Message 2 of 26 , May 19, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "lmerlin01" <lmerlin01@y...> wrote:
        > I am very excited about this. Does it mean we can talk about Joel
        > Phelps, Kristin Hersh, and Mark Eitzel among others ?!!! Sign me up
        > then! Woohoo!

        Yep, all of the above. News-wise, I don't know if Joel has anything
        coming out -- last I heard he had moved to Vancouver and was going to
        get married. KH is playing a small club in Pittsburgh (the same one
        where the Mary Janes did a fine set last night) the same weekend as
        Twangfest, and Eitzel supposedly is going to reunite with some of his
        old AMC bandmates to record a new album in a few months. I'm enjoying
        his goofy new covers album.

        Carl
      • Lance Davis
        Hey y all, greetings from Austin - So, new Silkworm, eh? Carl, do dish ... like when is this sucker coming out? And when did Silkworm leave Seattle? I thought
        Message 3 of 26 , May 19, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          Hey y'all, greetings from Austin -

          So, new Silkworm, eh? Carl, do dish ... like when is this sucker
          coming out? And when did Silkworm leave Seattle? I thought I
          read something in conjunction with Lifestyle that said they were
          now a Chicago band. I'm sure they're much more appreciated there
          than in SeaTown. BTW, are there any Silkworm bootlegs floating
          around?

          Lance

          =====
          "Marge: Nobody told us how tough it is to raise kids. They almost drove me to fortified wine.

          Homer: Then we figured out we could park them in front of the TV. That's how I was raised, and I turned out TV."

          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
          http://launch.yahoo.com
        • czimring
          ... Dunno about bootlegs, but the new album _Italian Platinum_ comes out on Touch & Go the first week in June. So far, it s my favorite record released this
          Message 4 of 26 , May 19, 2002
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Lance Davis <lwdavis1@y...> wrote:
            > Hey y'all, greetings from Austin -
            >
            > So, new Silkworm, eh? Carl, do dish ... like when is this sucker
            > coming out? And when did Silkworm leave Seattle? I thought I
            > read something in conjunction with Lifestyle that said they were
            > now a Chicago band. I'm sure they're much more appreciated there
            > than in SeaTown. BTW, are there any Silkworm bootlegs floating
            > around?

            Dunno about bootlegs, but the new album _Italian Platinum_ comes out
            on Touch & Go the first week in June. So far, it's my favorite record
            released this year (I haven't heard the new Alejandro yet) mixing the
            boys' concise rock with some keyboards and Kelly Hogan's gorgeous
            singing. (She takes lead vocals on one song and does backup on much
            of the disc.)

            Silkworm gradually migrated to Chicago over the past few years,
            starting when Andy Cohen went to law school. I think Tim Midgett
            works for Shure. I selfishly love the move because it means they're
            much closer to -- and more likely to play in -- Pittsburgh.

            Carl
          • Dan Rigney
            OK_ I ve seen Silkworm come up in several places now as a name, but have heard nothing. I m curious. Where s a good place to sample em? Dan if you hear about
            Message 5 of 26 , May 19, 2002
            • 0 Attachment
              OK_

              I've seen Silkworm come up in several places now as a name, but have heard nothing. I'm curious. Where's a good place to sample 'em?

              Dan "if you hear about something three times from three different unrelated sources, check it out" Rigney

              At 04:03 PM 5/19/2002 +0000, you wrote:
              --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Lance Davis <lwdavis1@y...> wrote:
              > Hey y'all, greetings from Austin -
              >
              > So, new Silkworm, eh? Carl, do dish ... like when is this sucker
              > coming out? And when did Silkworm leave Seattle? I thought I
              > read something in conjunction with Lifestyle that said they were
              > now a Chicago band. I'm sure they're much more appreciated there
              > than in SeaTown. BTW, are there any Silkworm bootlegs floating
              > around?

              Dunno about bootlegs, but the new album _Italian Platinum_ comes out
              on Touch & Go the first week in June.  So far, it's my favorite record
              released this year (I haven't heard the new Alejandro yet) mixing the
              boys' concise rock with some keyboards and Kelly Hogan's gorgeous
              singing.  (She takes lead vocals on one song and does backup on much
              of the disc.)

              Silkworm gradually migrated to Chicago over the past few years,
              starting when Andy Cohen went to law school.  I think Tim Midgett
              works for Shure.  I selfishly love the move because it means they're
              much closer to -- and more likely to play in -- Pittsburgh.

              Carl


              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              ADVERTISEMENT
              9c13ab.jpg
              9c147e.jpg

              To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              fearnwhiskey-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com



              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
            • Lance Davis
              Good luck Dan. I tried Googling but only came up with MP3s for Silkworm s side project with Steve Milkmoose, the Crust Brothers. That s alright, but not very
              Message 6 of 26 , May 19, 2002
              • 0 Attachment
                Good luck Dan. I tried Googling but only came up with MP3s for
                Silkworm's side project with Steve Milkmoose, the Crust
                Brothers. That's alright, but not very representative.

                As for starting points, YMMV, but I think Libertine's the high
                water mark for the Joel Phelps era - and still my favorite SKWM
                record. Three good-to-great songwriters finally hitting their
                stride, a very spacious and deep recording (courtesy of Steve
                Albini, who knows about such things), and phat ol' guitars. I
                don't know what other people call this kind of music - emo,
                maybe? - but Television, Thin White Rope, Joy Division and a
                bunch of square-jawed Krautrockers seem to be the obvious
                touchstones.

                Of the post-Phelps records I think Firewater has the
                widest-ranging collection of songs, but Developer and Lifestyle
                are both well-worth checking out. Then's there's the comps,
                which should NOT be your starting point.

                Hope some of this helps. Lance

                --- Dan Rigney <rigney@...> wrote:
                > OK_
                >
                > I've seen Silkworm come up in several places now as a name,
                > but have heard
                > nothing. I'm curious. Where's a good place to sample 'em?
                >
                > Dan "if you hear about something three times from three
                > different unrelated
                > sources, check it out" Rigney
                >
                > At 04:03 PM 5/19/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                > >--- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Lance Davis <lwdavis1@y...> wrote:
                > > > Hey y'all, greetings from Austin -
                > > >
                > > > So, new Silkworm, eh? Carl, do dish ... like when is this
                > sucker
                > > > coming out? And when did Silkworm leave Seattle? I thought
                > I
                > > > read something in conjunction with Lifestyle that said
                > they were
                > > > now a Chicago band. I'm sure they're much more appreciated
                > there
                > > > than in SeaTown. BTW, are there any Silkworm bootlegs
                > floating
                > > > around?
                > >
                > >Dunno about bootlegs, but the new album _Italian Platinum_
                > comes out
                > >on Touch & Go the first week in June. So far, it's my
                > favorite record
                > >released this year (I haven't heard the new Alejandro yet)
                > mixing the
                > >boys' concise rock with some keyboards and Kelly Hogan's
                > gorgeous
                > >singing. (She takes lead vocals on one song and does backup
                > on much
                > >of the disc.)
                > >
                > >Silkworm gradually migrated to Chicago over the past few
                > years,
                > >starting when Andy Cohen went to law school. I think Tim
                > Midgett
                > >works for Shure. I selfishly love the move because it means
                > they're
                > >much closer to -- and more likely to play in -- Pittsburgh.
                > >
                > >Carl

                __________________________________________________
                Do You Yahoo!?
                LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                http://launch.yahoo.com
              • lmerlin01
                ... to ... That s what I hear too. I m bummed because I really thought I would be able to see him now that I m in Seattle.I m the only one out of the P2
                Message 7 of 26 , May 19, 2002
                • 0 Attachment
                  >
                  > Yep, all of the above. News-wise, I don't know if Joel has anything
                  > coming out -- last I heard he had moved to Vancouver and was going
                  to
                  > get married.

                  That's what I hear too. I'm bummed because I really thought I would
                  be able to see him now that I'm in Seattle.I'm the only one out of
                  the P2 contingency who like him though (they equate Joel with the
                  sound a cat makes when you step on it's tail <grin>).

                  I haven't even heard any Silkworm yet.What should I start with (if I
                  ever get any money)



                  KH is playing a small club in Pittsburgh (the same one
                  > where the Mary Janes did a fine set last night)

                  She is out in Seattle too but hasn't played yet. What's going on
                  here?!

                  We are going to see the Knitters tonight.This woman Jesse Skyes is
                  backing them up.You guys may like her, she's a mopey twanger,lots of
                  strings on the record. I like her.

                  Lisa
                • wfsilvers
                  ... It s a shame you ll be missing her, but she plays Pittsburgh occasionally, doesn t she? Anyhow, I m jumping in to ask if the Mary Janes did Allison from
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 19, 2002
                  • 0 Attachment
                    "czimring" wrote:

                    > KH is playing a small club in Pittsburgh (the same one
                    > where the Mary Janes did a fine set last night) the same weekend as
                    > Twangfest

                    It's a shame you'll be missing her, but she plays Pittsburgh
                    occasionally, doesn't she?
                    Anyhow, I'm jumping in to ask if the Mary Janes did "Allison" from
                    that upcoming Stiff tribute record?

                    b.s. who usually steers folks toward The Mysteries of Life for Vulgar
                    Boatmen spin-offs( and so many people ask me!<g>), but who thinks the
                    MJ's are OK too
                  • czimring
                    ... There s that money thing. I love Silkworm and I love Joel Phelps, but I think they ve made their best music away from each other. If you want to hear
                    Message 9 of 26 , May 19, 2002
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "lmerlin01" <lmerlin01@y...> wrote:
                      > I haven't even heard any Silkworm yet.What should I start with (if I
                      > ever get any money)

                      There's that money thing. I love Silkworm and I love Joel Phelps, but
                      I think they've made their best music away from each other. If you
                      want to hear their best stuff with Joel, I agree that _Libertine_ is
                      the high point of that incarnation of the band, though the Matador
                      compilation _Even a Blind Chicken_ collects a lot of good material.
                      I'd start with the first trio record _Firewater_ (especially if you
                      like drinking songs -- gotta get the "whiskey" content in for this
                      list!), but any of the subsequent records save _Developer_ are fine
                      places to start. The new one is splendid; if you want to wait a
                      couple of weeks and dig Kelly Hogan, that would make an excellent
                      introduction.

                      I don't remember if they have any mp3's at the official band website,
                      but maybe Touch & Go or www.12xu.net (their UK label) have something.

                      > KH is playing a small club in Pittsburgh (the same one
                      > > where the Mary Janes did a fine set last night)
                      >
                      > She is out in Seattle too but hasn't played yet. What's going on
                      > here?!

                      She comes to town at least once a year. Don't know if a new record is
                      in the works or if she's just doing a tour to tour.

                      > We are going to see the Knitters tonight.This woman Jesse Skyes is
                      > backing them up.You guys may like her, she's a mopey twanger,lots of
                      > strings on the record. I like her.

                      I haven't heard this yet but will check to see if we have it in at the
                      station. Is she from Seattle?

                      Carl
                    • czimring
                      ... About once a year, so I m not slitting my wrists over missing this one. Pittsburgh s a funny town -- we can go weeks with few good shows and then there s
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 19, 2002
                      • 0 Attachment
                        About Ms. Hersh "wfsilvers" <wfsilvers@y...> wrote:
                        > It's a shame you'll be missing her, but she plays Pittsburgh
                        > occasionally, doesn't she?

                        About once a year, so I'm not slitting my wrists over missing this
                        one. Pittsburgh's a funny town -- we can go weeks with few good shows
                        and then there's a cluster of can't-miss shows. I left town for a
                        week in 1998 and managed to miss very-rare appearances by Paul Kelly
                        and Pere Ubu. Kelly finally came back last month but I'm still
                        waiting on Ubu. I'll miss KH this time, but luckily Alejandro
                        Escovedo plays a free oudoor show the following Tuesday.

                        > Anyhow, I'm jumping in to ask if the Mary Janes did "Allison" from
                        > that upcoming Stiff tribute record?

                        They did not, but Janas unveiled a few new songs, some of which sound
                        like she's been listening to gospel. Good stuff, I hope they make it
                        to a CD comes out before too long.

                        > b.s. who usually steers folks toward The Mysteries of Life for Vulgar
                        > Boatmen spin-offs( and so many people ask me!<g>), but who thinks the
                        > MJ's are OK too

                        Did they put a record out last year, Bill? If you bring in the Silos,
                        that's quite a fertile family tree.

                        Carl
                      • Patrick Randerson
                        It s been so long since I ve had an earful of fear and whiskey! Though when I saw the group name, I thought it was fernwhiskey -- some group about making
                        Message 11 of 26 , May 19, 2002
                        • 0 Attachment
                          It's been so long since I've had an earful of fear and whiskey!
                          Though when I saw the group name, I thought it was fernwhiskey -- some
                          group about making pre-cambrian alcohol or a bunch of washington state
                          hippies.

                          Anyhow, I'll argue that Firewater is probably the best Silkworm record,
                          but I have a hard time picking between the foursome-era Libertine and In
                          the West. In the West is rough and raw, and there's some really great
                          tracks on it.
                          Developer and Blueblood are both good, but I was completely unable to get
                          into Lifestyle -- while Joel's records seem to keep getting better.

                          Here's hoping that the new one smacks me in the face like In the West did.

                          I've read mixed reviews of the new Kristin Hersch record -- I spent much
                          of the weekend listening to Hips and Makers, which I hadn't heard in a
                          long time. Maybe I missed the first part of this discussion, but is the
                          new one worth it?

                          I've yet to find any radio in Columbus, OH that gives me my new music fix,
                          so I'm stuck with recommendations + Audiogalaxy to tell me what to buy.
                        • Rob Jefferson
                          ... I really couldn t get into Developer. It was an okay album, but a bit of a letdown, since there wasn t much that stood out (except, perhaps, for Ice
                          Message 12 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                          • 0 Attachment
                            On Sun, 19 May 2002, Patrick Randerson wrote:

                            > Developer and Blueblood are both good, but I was completely unable to get
                            > into Lifestyle -- while Joel's records seem to keep getting better.

                            I really couldn't get into Developer. It was an okay album, but a bit of
                            a letdown, since there wasn't much that stood out (except, perhaps, for
                            "Ice Station Zebra"). I didn't mind Blueblood too much -- true, it wasn't
                            a great album, but it had its share of moments, even if occasionally they
                            sounded downright bored. Aside from "Treat the New Guy Right" and the
                            Faces cover, I wasn't too keen on Lifestyle. Just seemed...rather
                            mediocre for them.

                            > I've read mixed reviews of the new Kristin Hersch record -- I spent much
                            > of the weekend listening to Hips and Makers, which I hadn't heard in a
                            > long time. Maybe I missed the first part of this discussion, but is the
                            > new one worth it?

                            There's an album newer than Sunny Border Blue? I should seek it out.
                            Sunny was a fairly decent album, but it felt like a holding pattern for
                            her, a repeat of sorts of her previous albums, but mostly like Sky Motel.
                            Not to say that it's a bad album -- it's actually rather enjoyable -- but
                            that she's not really going in any new/surprising directions with it. I
                            still say to pick it up, though.

                            And...err...hi, Patrick. Long time no see. :)

                            rob
                          • Patrick Randerson
                            ... Apparently not. Shows how much I pay attention to anything these days. I saw Sunny Border Blue in the store, read some reviews online, and never bothered
                            Message 13 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                            • 0 Attachment
                              > There's an album newer than Sunny Border Blue? I should seek it out.

                              Apparently not. Shows how much I pay attention to anything these days. I
                              saw Sunny Border Blue in the store, read some reviews online, and never
                              bothered to look at the release date. So yeah, that was a long time ago --
                              I need to get out of the lab and into the record store more often.


                              I'll just sit down and be quiet...
                            • czimring
                              ... Motel. ... -- but ... it. I ... It s one of my favorites of hers. I agree that the sound follows from _Sky Motel_ (one-woman band with more electric
                              Message 14 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                              • 0 Attachment
                                --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Rob Jefferson <jeffer@t...> wrote:
                                > Sunny was a fairly decent album, but it felt like a holding pattern for
                                > her, a repeat of sorts of her previous albums, but mostly like Sky
                                Motel.
                                > Not to say that it's a bad album -- it's actually rather enjoyable
                                -- but
                                > that she's not really going in any new/surprising directions with
                                it. I
                                > still say to pick it up, though.

                                It's one of my favorites of hers. I agree that the sound follows from
                                _Sky Motel_ (one-woman band with more electric guitar and percussion
                                than on previous solo efforts), but her lyrics are among the most
                                striking of her career, and she does a great reinterpretation of Cat
                                Stevens's "Trouble". Does she have another disc in the pipeline? I
                                haven't heard any of her Works in Progress mp3s she's done since _SBB_...

                                Carl
                              • Laura A. Watt
                                It s one of my favorites of hers. I agree that the sound follows from _Sky Motel_ (one-woman band with more electric guitar and percussion than on previous
                                Message 15 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  It's one of my favorites of hers. I agree that the sound follows from
                                  _Sky Motel_ (one-woman band with more electric guitar and percussion
                                  than on previous solo efforts), but her lyrics are among the most
                                  striking of her career, and she does a great reinterpretation of Cat
                                  Stevens's "Trouble". Does she have another disc in the pipeline? I
                                  haven't heard any of her Works in Progress mp3s she's done since _SBB_...

                                  She's working on another Throwing Muses record, believe it or not!!

                                  laura
                                • czimring
                                  ... Really? Who s in the band? I eagerly await this one... Carl
                                  Message 16 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Laura A. Watt" <lawatt@n...> wrote:
                                    > She's working on another Throwing Muses record, believe it or not!!
                                    >
                                    > laura

                                    Really? Who's in the band? I eagerly await this one...

                                    Carl
                                  • Laura A. Watt
                                    Same band, I m pretty sure -- I ve not been following the latest news, but I m sure there s plenty of info on the website, http://www.throwingmusic.com The new
                                    Message 17 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      Same band, I'm pretty sure -- I've not been following the latest
                                      news, but I'm sure there's plenty of info on the website,
                                      http://www.throwingmusic.com

                                      The new Works in Progress is up and waiting to be subscribed to, too
                                      -- there have been three songs so far, two of which she more or less
                                      said "this is when i knew it was going to have to be a Muses
                                      record"...

                                      full of incomplete information,
                                      laura
                                    • czimring
                                      ... Almost complete information -- clicking around the site brings news that it is the same band, the record should be out in January and they aren t doing
                                      Message 18 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Laura A. Watt" <lawatt@n...> wrote:
                                        > full of incomplete information,
                                        > laura

                                        Almost complete information -- clicking around the site brings news
                                        that it is the same band, the record should be out in January and they
                                        aren't doing much touring behind it. And Lisa, she'll do a solo set
                                        at Bumbershoot, so there's your Seattle date!

                                        Carl
                                      • wfsilvers
                                        ... Vulgar Boatmen spin-offs ... Yup, October 23rd (if the AMG is to be believed). It s called DISTANT RELATIVE and it s self-released, which is probably why
                                        Message 19 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                                        • 0 Attachment
                                          --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "czimring" <cz28@a...> replied to my MoL :

                                          > > b.s. who usually steers folks toward The Mysteries of Life for
                                          Vulgar Boatmen spin-offs

                                          > Did they put a record out last year, Bill?

                                          Yup, October 23rd (if the AMG is to be believed). It's called DISTANT
                                          RELATIVE and it's self-released, which is probably why it flew way
                                          under my radar till this spring (and even then I kept forgetting about
                                          it...I've finally got a copy on order, and I'll report back once i've
                                          heard it). The MoL website appears to be down
                                          ( members.aol.com/autobeatnik/ )
                                          which might have a little something to do with the massive buzz the
                                          record isn't getting.

                                          > If you bring in the Silos, that's quite a fertile family tree.

                                          Yeah, though The Silos are sort of the older brother of the Boatmen,
                                          which makes them an uncle to MoL, unless they're an aunt...I'm getting
                                          all confused now. If you bring MoL's Antenna mom into it, and the
                                          Blake Babies grandma (or is it aunt?), well, I'm getting all confused.
                                          <g>

                                          b.s.
                                        • lmerlin01
                                          ... they ... set ... Wow. That is so cool! Because I am the queen of lame, I missed the Throwing Muses until they were long broken up. I ve had that song about
                                          Message 20 of 26 , May 20, 2002
                                          • 0 Attachment
                                            --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "czimring" <cz28@a...> wrote:

                                            >
                                            > Almost complete information -- clicking around the site brings news
                                            > that it is the same band, the record should be out in January and
                                            they
                                            > aren't doing much touring behind it. And Lisa, she'll do a solo
                                            set
                                            > at Bumbershoot, so there's your Seattle date!

                                            Wow. That is so cool! Because I am the queen of lame, I missed the
                                            Throwing Muses until they were long broken up. I've had that song
                                            about green eyes (name?) in my head for days-- "there's one boy in
                                            one house..". What record was that song on and why don't I have it
                                            so I can play it now?

                                            Carl asked about Jesse Sykes. Yes, she's from Seattle and plays with
                                            a band called the Sweet Hereafter with her boyfriend Phil, the
                                            grumpy one who played with Whiskeytown <g>. I really like most of
                                            the record, very melodic, sad, although her voice won't be for
                                            everyone. Check, check , check it out!

                                            Lisa
                                          • Laura A Watt
                                            ... It s called, aptly, green eyes and it s on their debut album called, aptly, Throwing Muses. 1987. Which is when i first heard it, couldn t stop
                                            Message 21 of 26 , May 21, 2002
                                            • 0 Attachment
                                              Lisa wrote:

                                              >Wow. That is so cool! Because I am the queen of lame, I missed the
                                              >Throwing Muses until they were long broken up. I've had that song
                                              >about green eyes (name?) in my head for days-- "there's one boy in
                                              >one house..". What record was that song on and why don't I have it
                                              >so I can play it now?

                                              It's called, aptly, "green eyes" and it's on their debut album
                                              called, aptly, "Throwing Muses." 1987. Which is when i first heard
                                              it, couldn't stop playing it, and have been the Muses'/KH's biggest
                                              fan ever since.

                                              A massive poll was recently done via the TM website to determine
                                              folks' favorite songs, which I believe Billy is going to use in part
                                              to great a "greatest hits" sort of thing at some point -- to see the
                                              poll results, go to

                                              http://www.solace.net/musings/BestMusesSongs.htm

                                              I was somewhat mystified by some of the results -- agreed with three
                                              in the top five (pearl, shimmer and bea), but then I fell off
                                              completely -- only one more (delicate cutters) in the top ten, and no
                                              others in the next ten.

                                              waking up to hooks in my head,
                                              laura
                                            • czimring
                                              ... And if you can t track down that album, it was reissued with a bunch of early material on _In a Doghouse_ a few years ago. [poll] ... I dig Hate My Way ,
                                              Message 22 of 26 , May 21, 2002
                                              • 0 Attachment
                                                --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Laura A Watt <lawatt@n...> wrote:
                                                > Lisa wrote:
                                                >
                                                > >Wow. That is so cool! Because I am the queen of lame, I missed the
                                                > >Throwing Muses until they were long broken up. I've had that song
                                                > >about green eyes (name?) in my head for days-- "there's one boy in
                                                > >one house..". What record was that song on and why don't I have it
                                                > >so I can play it now?
                                                >
                                                > It's called, aptly, "green eyes" and it's on their debut album
                                                > called, aptly, "Throwing Muses." 1987. Which is when i first heard
                                                > it, couldn't stop playing it, and have been the Muses'/KH's biggest
                                                > fan ever since.

                                                And if you can't track down that album, it was reissued with a bunch
                                                of early material on _In a Doghouse_ a few years ago.

                                                [poll]
                                                > I was somewhat mystified by some of the results -- agreed with three
                                                > in the top five (pearl, shimmer and bea), but then I fell off
                                                > completely -- only one more (delicate cutters) in the top ten, and no
                                                > others in the next ten.

                                                I dig "Hate My Way", but am *shocked* that "Call Me" didn't even make
                                                the cut! (Both of those songs are on _Throwing Muses_ and are among
                                                my favorite songs of the 1980s.)

                                                Carl Z.*

                                                *By way of a welcome to Carl Wilson on this list (our first
                                                Canadian!), I shall now add an initial to differentiate our posts.
                                              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.