Clip: Brad Pitt Presents Nick Drake

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2004
      http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/arts/entertainment-leisure-pitt.html

      Brad Pitt to Host Radio 2 Show on Dead UK Singer
      By REUTERS

      Published: April 7, 2004
      Filed at 5:08 a.m. ET

      LONDON (Reuters) - Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt is to present a music
      documentary on BBC Radio 2 in May on the life of British singer-songwriter
      Nick Drake.

      Pitt, one of Tinseltown's highest paid stars, will narrate the life story
      of Drake, who died in 1974 at the age of 26.

      ``I was introduced to Nick Drake's music about five years ago, and am a
      huge admirer of his records,'' Pitt said in a BBC statement.

      ``When Radio 2 approached me to get involved in this project, I was
      delighted to be asked.'' The program, which airs on May 22, includes a
      Norah Jones version of Drake's song ``Day is Done.''

      Drake had little commercial success from the three albums he recorded
      during his lifetime, but in the years after his death -- from an overdose
      of anti-depressant drugs -- his music has become increasingly popular.

      ``Drake is regularly cited as an influence by some of Radio 2's core
      artists, including REM, Paul Weller and Badly Drawn Boy,'' said Lesley
      Douglas, Controller BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music.

      Drake's death was ruled a suicide by a coroner, but his family and friends
      believe his overdose of a prescribed drug was accidental.