Re: CLIP: Chicago Tribune | Copy fight

  • Susan McTigue
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2004
      Bob clipped a:

      > Great interview with copyright expert Lawrence Lessig and
      > Ken Waagner,

      Thanks for this Bob. I did a snipped URL:

      http://snipurl.com/CopyRights

      The Tribune does require registration, but there's a way around
      it. Those of us who subscribe to Arts Journal know that they have
      agreements with many publications and you can use their ID
      and password to read stuff, even if it's not a story they've
      abstracted. It works about 3/4 of the time for me, and it worked
      for this one. Use:
      ID: ajreader
      password: access

      Also Lawrence Lessig's book "Free Culture" is available free
      online, but you can also *listen* to it for free, here:

      http://akma.disseminary.org/archives/001253.html

      About half of the book is recorded; you can even volunteer to help
      finish it.

      Susan