Re: Re: [fearnwhiskey] hype and tears

  • David Atteberry
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 29, 2004
      > > > anybody else got a greatest expectation trashed

      I saw John Cale at the Grand Emporium in Kansas City the spring of 1994. It was a beautiful, emotional set full of songs from just about every album he's released. Even a couple from Songs For 'Drella. Incredible.

      Saw him three years later in Lawrence. He was bent over what looked like a cheap casio keyboard and playing music that you might hear at open mic night at the Ramada. Never said or sang a word.

      I try to give touring performers the benefit of the doubt -- sickness, road burn, or just an off night. But that night I was profoundly disappointed and let down.

      David