Re: [fearnwhiskey] don't be mad, Carl

  • Bob Soron
    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 8, 2004
      On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:27pm, rickkelly1@... wrote:
      > In a message dated 3/8/2004 4:17:01 PM Central Standard Time,
      > missdiva@... writes:
      > ~~Opera is like sex: the more you get the more you want- David Parry~~
      >
      > for me, opera is like sex because it generally involves a really fat
      > woman......

      Because it seems like the ear-splitting screaming will never end,
      here...
    • Justin Hopper
      Message 35 of 35 , Mar 15, 2004
        >> Any news on what's going to happen with Laga's space? Is that turning
        >> into a dance club or something else?
        >
        > Originally, I heard it was to become student housing. But, I've also
        > heard that The Upstage will remain open (which doesn't make too much
        > sense if there is housing in that building).

        >>That wouldn't be good for quiet hours. Unless they knocked it down and
        >>started over, that building would make for dreary student housing, though
        >>no worse than some of Pitt's options...

        I b'lieve the hope is apartments - I think when they say 'student housing'
        they're not talking official Pitt housing, but 'off-campus' slum-lord
        apartments - hence the club downstairs. Upstage is definitely staying open.

        But it also depends on some zoning issues: offices might be the final word,
        if they don't get a variance or something...

        j.

        Justin Hopper
        Music Editor
        Pittsburgh City Paper
        650 Smithfield St., Ste. 2200
        Pittsburgh, PA 15222
        www.pghcitypaper.com
        phone: 412-316-3342 x165
        fax: 412-316-3388
        jhopper@...

        Build a bonfire
        Build a bonfire
        Put Bellotti on the top
        Put Bill Archer in the middle
        And we'll burn the [sodding] lot

        --On Friday, March 12, 2004 8:58 AM -0500 Mock the DJ
        <mockthedj@...> wrote:

        >> Any news on what's going to happen with Laga's space? Is that turning
        >> into a dance club or something else?
        >
        > Originally, I heard it was to become student housing. But, I've also
        > heard that The Upstage will remain open (which doesn't make too much
        > sense if there is housing in that building).

        That wouldn't be good for quiet hours. Unless they knocked it down and
        started over, that building would make for dreary student housing, though
        no worse than some of Pitt's options...

        Carl Z.

        Yahoo! Groups Links