Re: Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on March 04, 2004

  • jwmoosefan2001
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Mazor" <brmaz@c...> wrote:
      > And yet you didn't use this show to get in Mae West's "If You Gotta
      Go, Go
      > Now," and Marlene Dietrich' "Blown' in the Wind?"
      >

      > -Barry

      As a rule, I usually try to inflict as little pain as possible on the
      listening audience.

      -John
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2004
        Speaking -- sorta -- of covers, the Raven reissue of Bill Withers's first
        two albums includes a fine live track of Withers and Bobby Womack doing
        Womack's "It's All Over Now". But my favorite covers to listen to this
        week are Nina Simone's reggae-fied version of Randy Newman's "Baltimore"
        and her poppy take on Hall & Oates's "Rich Girl".

        Carl Z.

        --On Monday, March 8, 2004 11:06 PM +0000 jwmoosefan2001 <johnw@...>