Topsoil/Haywire Playlist for 3/7/4 on WXDU Durham NC

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2004

      Yesterday I had Peter Case and Denise Sullivan live in the second hour of the program. This was Peter Case's second time on Topsoil and it is always a pleasure to have him in the studio. Denise Sullivan, who is traveling with Peter, is a writer who just finished up a book on the White Stripes. We talked a little about the book as well as her own stint on college radio when she was a DJ on KUSF in San Francisco.

      Oh, and I debuted the new album feature of the month for March. This month we'll be working our way through "Dust Bowl Revival", the new CD by the new Canadian band, Ox. Fans of Neil Young or Ryan Adams should track it down at milesofmusic.com and give it a listen.

      Steve Gardner

      *Bottle Rockets/Bud Nanney Theme/Bottle Rockets/ESD
      [Theme song]

      *Thelonius Monster/Michael Jordan/Next Saturday
      *Josh Lederman y Los Diablos/Daisy/The Town's
      Old Fair/Nine Mile
      *Slaid Cleaves/Below/Wishbones/Philo

      *Jimmie Dale Gilmore/Ramblin' Man/Don't Look For
      A Heartache/Hightone
      *Mark Erelli/Pretend/Hillbilly Pilgrim/Signature Sounds
      [Duet with Erin McKeown.]
      *Robbie Fulks/Goodbye Good Lookin'/South
      *Grievous Angels/Cold, Cold Ground/Miles on
      the Rail/Bloodshot
      [A Tom Waits song.]
      *Gerald Collier/Pure Lonely/Breakin' Down/Isota

      *Grant-Lee Phillips/Hickory Wind/Virginia Creeper/Zoe
      [Playing tonight (Monday) at the Cat's Cradle.]
      *Merle Haggard/Making Believe/Hurtin'/Capitol
      *Billy Bragg and Wilco/At My Window Sad And
      Lonely/Mermaid Ave/Elektra
      [By request]
      *James McMurtry/Lights of Cheyenne/Live in Aught-
      *Louie Bluie/My Four Reasons/Louie Bluie/Arhoolie

      *Buffalo Springfield cover - Flying On The Ground Is Wrong
      *Memphis Minnie cover - Bumble Bee
      *Beatles cover - Not A Second Time
      *Put Down the Gun

      *Peter Case/Beyond the Blues/Thank You St Jude/
      *Peter Case/Wilderness/Torn Again/Vanguard

      *Jackson 5/Mama's Pearl/Ultimate Collection/Motown
      *Modest Mouse/Trailer Trash/Lonesome Crowded West/Up

      *Tussle/Don't Stop/Don't Stop EP/Troubleman Unlimited
      *Birthday Party/Nick the Stripper/Hits/4AD
      *Kaito/Should I/Band Red/spinART
      *Toy Dolls/My Girlfriend's Dad's a Vicar/High Spirits/VAP

      *Centro-matic/Guillotines Hung Together/Flashes and
      *Replacements/Black Diamond/Let It Be/Twin Tone

      *John Vanderslice/Coming and Going on Easy Terms/
      Cellar Door/Barsuk
      [Is "Cellar Door" a Donnie Darko reference? I
      sure hope so!]
      *Come/I Got The Blues/Eleven-Eleven/Matador
      [A Rolling Stones song.]

      *The Mountain Goats/Against Pollution/We Shall All
      Be Healed/4AD
      *Hound Dog Taylor/44 Blues/Hound Dog Taylor and
      the Houserockers/Alligator