New Yahoo Group

  • Jacob Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2004
      I've created a new yahoo group and you are invited to join if you
      are a live music collector. This is a group for people to trade
      live music by folk, folk-rock, roots, alt-country, americana, and
      similar artists. The list will also be used to set up trees and
      vines. Most people are familiar with trading by trees, but I've
      found that some people do not understand the concept of vines.
      Usually a vine moves from one person to the next, but when I made
      this list most people who joined it were part of the Greg Brown
      yahoo group. On that group we usually offer the show up to two
      people and then those people offer it to two people and so on
      (called a weed actually, thanks for reminding me Brown). If you feel
      this is unfair as you only get one copy and you make two I would
      recommend not joining in the weed like vines and just trading show
      for show, or asking if a single pass on is ok too. I think people
      will be generous and kind here, or I hope so anyway. So, I hope this
      list catches on and we can spread some good music through trading
      and vines. Some artists you will see here are Greg Brown, David
      Zollo, Kelly Pardekooper, Iris Dement, Bo Ramsey, Pieta Brown, Kevin
      Kinney, Todd Snider, Jack Ingram, Bob Dylan, Drive By Truckers,
      Karen Savoca, Gillian Welch, Ani DiFranco, and anyone you want to
      offer up. The group is at
      http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/vinelist Enjoy.