Re: Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on March 04, 2004

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2004
      And yet you didn't use this show to get in Mae West's "If You Gotta Go, Go
      Now," and Marlene Dietrich' "Blown' in the Wind?"

      -Barry
    • jwmoosefan2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004
        --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Mazor" <brmaz@c...> wrote:
        > And yet you didn't use this show to get in Mae West's "If You Gotta
        Go, Go
        > Now," and Marlene Dietrich' "Blown' in the Wind?"
        >

        > -Barry

        As a rule, I usually try to inflict as little pain as possible on the
        listening audience.

        -John
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2004
          Speaking -- sorta -- of covers, the Raven reissue of Bill Withers's first
          two albums includes a fine live track of Withers and Bobby Womack doing
          Womack's "It's All Over Now". But my favorite covers to listen to this
          week are Nina Simone's reggae-fied version of Randy Newman's "Baltimore"
          and her poppy take on Hall & Oates's "Rich Girl".

          Carl Z.

          --On Monday, March 8, 2004 11:06 PM +0000 jwmoosefan2001 <johnw@...>