Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: (unknown)

  • jason baldinger
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
      howdieeeee

      With Ya How Ha, I would recomend Penetration, one of the heaviest psychedelic mindfucks I' ve ever heard. Might even make Blue Cheer and their congealed air run back to depths of the womb for safety.
      If you can still find a copy of the complete box that's your best bet. It a bit pricy at between $200 and $230, but is already going double that used on ebay. Either way the box set is still cheaper that what you would pay to collect all 10 records individually which I think are out of print again.

      Siamese Temple Ball only has 1 S/T record that came out about 3 years ago. Heavy Psych done on all traditonal Asian instruments, a pretty wild trip. It's inbetween Taj Mahal Travellers and Ghost's more acid folk moments.

      Plastic People best is Egon Bondy's Happy Hearts Club Banned. You can also find a good write up in Ritchie Unterberger's Unknown Legend's of Rock and Roll Book (Least that's where I think I saw it). In Plastic's case think Havester/Parrson Sound/ etc crossed with the Ex.

      I look to see what Anima Disc I have, right now I'm going blank. Remember it being like early Amon Duul.

      If I can think of more or add to, I let you know

      The Blood Done Signed My Name
      Jason

      Stevo <Stuggy@...> wrote:
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, jason baldinger
      <underwaterculprit@y...> wrote:
      Also, if you haven't heard Plastic People of the Universe, Anima, Yo
      How Ha 13 or Siamese Temple Ball I would recommend seeking them.

      > jason b

      i haven't heard those bands, except for the Ya ho Wha with Sky saxon
      Golden Sunrise or something?
      Where would you start?

      I do recall reading a history of the Plastic People over at Jason's
      PSF site but I read it about 3 years back.

      While thinking about Jason. I'm just wondering where the best place
      to get the OHM set would be?
      Stevo