  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2004
      I've just been trying to get this stuff ordered from Doug Larson but
      as yet have recieved no response as to whether he has them in or
      not.
      Just thought I'd see what people made of the records.

      Mormos Magic Spell of Mother's Wrath
      Out of Focus Wake Up
      Balletto di Bronzo YS (Includes 1 50 track) (what does the message in
      brackets mean?)
      Kebenekajse same (second)
      Samla Mammas Manna Maltid (is there much significant diference
      between this and the REsource version? I hear the Silence version of
      this has 2 extra tracks)
      Samla Mammas Manna Klossa Knapitatet

      also thinking about ordering up a couple of cds by Malicorne.
      Does anybody know what's essential by them?
      Stevo
      NP les Rallizes Denudes cd 2
    • jason baldinger

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, jason baldinger
          <underwaterculprit@y...> wrote:
          Also, if you haven't heard Plastic People of the Universe, Anima, Yo
          How Ha 13 or Siamese Temple Ball I would recommend seeking them.

          > jason b

          i haven't heard those bands, except for the Ya ho Wha with Sky saxon
          Golden Sunrise or something?
          Where would you start?

          I do recall reading a history of the Plastic People over at Jason's
          PSF site but I read it about 3 years back.

          While thinking about Jason. I'm just wondering where the best place
          to get the OHM set would be?
          Stevo
        • Jason Gross
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
            --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Stevo" <Stuggy@h...> wrote:
            > --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, jason baldinger
            > <underwaterculprit@y...> wrote:
            > Also, if you haven't heard Plastic People of the Universe, Anima,
            Yo
            > How Ha 13 or Siamese Temple Ball I would recommend seeking them.
            > >
            > > jason b
            > >

            > i haven't heard those bands, except for the Ya ho Wha with Sky
            saxon
            > Golden Sunrise or something?
            > Where would you start?
            >
            > I do recall reading a history of the Plastic People over at Jason's
            > PSF site but I read it about 3 years back.
            >
            > While thinking about Jason. I'm just wondering where the best place
            > to get the OHM set would be?

            Hi,

            The Plastics article is still online:
            <http://www.furious.com/perfect/pulnoc.html>

            As for OHM THE EARLY GURUS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC, sad to say, it's out
            of print. I'm negotiating with an Aussie company to reissue it now.
            If you can't wait, www.othermusic.com or www.forcedexposure.com might
            still have copies.

            By the way, great Dylan playlist. Still, no "A Hard Rain's Gonna
            Fall" by Bryan Ferry?

            Best,
            Jason
          • jason baldinger
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2004
              howdieeeee

              With Ya How Ha, I would recomend Penetration, one of the heaviest psychedelic mindfucks I' ve ever heard. Might even make Blue Cheer and their congealed air run back to depths of the womb for safety.
              If you can still find a copy of the complete box that's your best bet. It a bit pricy at between $200 and $230, but is already going double that used on ebay. Either way the box set is still cheaper that what you would pay to collect all 10 records individually which I think are out of print again.

              Siamese Temple Ball only has 1 S/T record that came out about 3 years ago. Heavy Psych done on all traditonal Asian instruments, a pretty wild trip. It's inbetween Taj Mahal Travellers and Ghost's more acid folk moments.

              Plastic People best is Egon Bondy's Happy Hearts Club Banned. You can also find a good write up in Ritchie Unterberger's Unknown Legend's of Rock and Roll Book (Least that's where I think I saw it). In Plastic's case think Havester/Parrson Sound/ etc crossed with the Ex.

              I look to see what Anima Disc I have, right now I'm going blank. Remember it being like early Amon Duul.

              If I can think of more or add to, I let you know

              The Blood Done Signed My Name
              Jason