Topsoil/Haywire Playlist for 2/29/4 on WXDU Durham NC

  • steve@topsoil.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2004

      Here is this week's playlist.

      Steve Gardner

      *Bottle Rockets/Bud Nanney Theme/Bottle Rockets/ESD
      [Theme song]

      *Richard Buckner/Gauzy Dress In The Sun/Bloomed/Dejadisc
      *Jesse Harris and the Ferdinandos/If He Asks You That/Crooked Lines/Bean
      *Doug Burr/Meet You In The Sunrise/The Sickle and the Sheaves/Self
      *Jason and the Scorchers/Broken Whiskey Glass/Lost and Found/EMI

      *Bobbie Gentry/Fancy/The Golden Classics of Bobbie Gentry/Collectables
      *Percy Sledge/Behind Closed Doors/All Time Greatest Hits/Golden
      *Charley Pride/When You Snap Your Fingers And I'm Back In Your
      Hand/Burgers and Fries - When I Stop Leaving I'll Be Gone/RCA
      *The Holmes Brothers/Everything Is Free/Simple Truths/Alligator
      *Kelly Hogan and the Pine Valley Cosmonauts/Sudden Stop/Beneath The
      Country Underdog/Bloodshot
      *Willie Nelson/Georgia On My Mind/Greatest Hits/Columbia Legacy

      *Dollar Store/North Central Plain/Dollar Store/Bloodshot
      *Jon Langford/Sputnik 57/All The Fame of Lofty Deeds/Bloodshot
      *Old 97s/Four Leaf Clover/Too Far To Care/Elektra
      [Ken Bethea, the Old97s guitarist, wrote an awesome article for the Dallas
      Observer about being not only a guitarist in a touring band, but a dad.
      You can check it out here: http://tinylink.com/?5UCwbsD8Wa ]
      *Slobberbone/Placemat Blues/Everything You Thought Was Right Was Wrong
      Today/New West

      Graham Parker
      "Your Country"
      *Crawling From The Wreckage (Revisited)

      *Patty Griffin/Making Pies/1000 Kisses/ATO
      *Slaid Cleaves/New Year's Day/Wishbones/Philo
      *Reckless Kelly/Nobody's Girl/Under the Table and Above The Sun/Sugar Hill
      *Gram Parsons/A Song For You/GP/Reprise
      *Norah Jones/The Grass Is Blue/Just Because I'm A Woman/Sugar Hill
      *The Two Dollar Pistols with Tift Merritt/One Paper Kid/The Two Dollar
      Pistols with Tift Merritt/Yep Roc
      [A song Emmylou Harris made popular.]

      *Gerald Collier/A Thousand Times A Day (I'm Gonna Miss You)/Breakin'
      *Oh Susanna/Johnstown/Johnstown/Stella
      *Josh Lederman y Los Diablos/The Olive Tree/The Town's Old Fair/Nine Mile
      *Pogues/Billy's Bones/Rum, Sodomy and the Lash/Stiff

      *Terry Allen/The Radio and Real Life/Juarez/Sugar Hill
      *Jerry Lee Lewis/Miss the Mississippi and You/Young Blood/Sire

      *Xiu Xiu/Clowne Towne/Fabulous Muscles/5RC
      *Air/Biological/Talkie Walkie/Astralwerks
      *The Elected/Go On/Me First/Sub Pop
      *Portastatic/Baby Blue/Autumn Was A Lark/Merge
      [Duet with Tift Merritt and Mac.]

      *Dizzee Rascal/Fix Up, Look Sharp/Boy in Da Corner/Matador
      *King Rhythm/What's Left Break The Silence/What's Left/Quartermass
      *Tresspassers William/Vapour Trail/Different Stars/Bella
      *Ride/Dreams Burn Down/Nowhere/Sire

      *Modest Mouse/I've Got It All (Most)/Float On/Epic
      *Ima Robot/STD Dance/Alive EP/Virgin
      *The Minds/Nerves/Plastic Girls/Dirtnap
      *The Clash/London Calling/From Here To Eternity Live/Epic

      *Lambchop/Action Figure/Aw C'Mon/Merge