RE: Clip: Tapehead (Mekons content)

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2004
      >From: Carl Zimring <cz28@...>

      ><mockthedj@...> wrote:
      >
      > >> "I mean, I could probably put out a three-CD set of unreleased Eleventh
      > >> Dream Day songs alone. Some of the stuff may have been demoed, but most
      > >> of it only exists on my live tapes."
      > >
      > > Like their version of the Dream Syndicate's "Halloween"??????
      >
      >I hope someone involved with Atavistic is on this list, because they'd
      >almost be required to issue such a project.

      I think Rick Rizzo once told me that they only did that song once live
      (because it was actually Halloween)

      > > Mekons Content: Mekons play Pgh on March 9th at the tiny Club Cafe
      >
      >That should be recorded by the house soundman.

      I think the Club Cafe prefers bands to pay for live recordings. Steve Wynn
      said I could tape his show straight off the board there, but the venue
      wouldn't let me (or him, for that matter).

      >How is the stage going to
      >contain them all?

      It held 7 Gothees once...and how big was the Johnsons Big Band when they
      played there?

      Paul