Re: terry allen

  • Lance Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
      I didn't realize we had so many Terry Allen fans at FnW HQ. Well
      well well ... several weeks ago the Austin Chronicle ran this feature
      on him because of his art opening:

      http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-12-
      19/arts_feature.html

      From the same ish, here's a link to his discography with capsule
      reviews:

      http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-12-
      19/arts_feature2.html

      Enjoy, LD
    • Justin Hopper
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
        On 3 Feb 2004 at 9:34, shaun belcher wrote:

        > aw god almighty genius even
        >
        > seriously Juarez is awesome hadn't realised been reissued
        >
        > in my all time top ten
        >
        > and he is playing few dates in UK soon
        >
        >>I heard this as well but can't find any listings. Any idea when ?

        >>Andy

        Check it out here:
        http://www.sugarhillrecords.com/events/seeartist.cgi?Terry+Allen

        In a bizarre and glorious twist of fate, not only is Allen playing the UK
        while I'm in England, he's playing London on a night I'll actually be in
        London. Small miracles.

        5/10 - Dingwalls, London

        What's Dingwalls like? Haven't ever been there.

        juddy
      • Andy Benham
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
          On 3 Feb 2004 at 9:38, Justin Hopper wrote:

          > Check it out here:
          > http://www.sugarhillrecords.com/events/seeartist.cgi?Terry+Allen
          >
          > In a bizarre and glorious twist of fate, not only is Allen playing the UK
          > while I'm in England, he's playing London on a night I'll actually be in
          > London. Small miracles.
          >
          > 5/10 - Dingwalls, London
          >
          > What's Dingwalls like? Haven't ever been there.
          >
          > juddy

          Now called Lock 17, its just off Camden High St. near Camden Town
          Tube. I haven't been myself but it is a well known London venue,
          albeit quite small I think. Certainly you should try to get tickets in
          advance if possible.

          Andy