Re: [fearnwhiskey] terry allen

  • Andy Benham
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
      On 3 Feb 2004 at 9:34, shaun belcher wrote:

      > aw god almighty genius even
      >
      > seriously Juarez is awesome hadn't realised been reissued
      >
      > in my all time top ten
      >
      > and he is playing few dates in UK soon

      I heard this as well but can't find any listings. Any idea when ?

      Andy

      > shaun belcher
      > co-editor
      > flyin shoes review
      > http://www.flyinshoes.fsnet.co.uk
      >

      > ---

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Lance Davis
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
        I didn't realize we had so many Terry Allen fans at FnW HQ. Well
        well well ... several weeks ago the Austin Chronicle ran this feature
        on him because of his art opening:

        http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-12-
        19/arts_feature.html

        From the same ish, here's a link to his discography with capsule
        reviews:

        http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-12-
        19/arts_feature2.html

        Enjoy, LD
      • Justin Hopper
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
          On 3 Feb 2004 at 9:34, shaun belcher wrote:

          > aw god almighty genius even
          >
          > seriously Juarez is awesome hadn't realised been reissued
          >
          > in my all time top ten
          >
          > and he is playing few dates in UK soon
          >
          >>I heard this as well but can't find any listings. Any idea when ?

          >>Andy

          Check it out here:
          http://www.sugarhillrecords.com/events/seeartist.cgi?Terry+Allen

          In a bizarre and glorious twist of fate, not only is Allen playing the UK
          while I'm in England, he's playing London on a night I'll actually be in
          London. Small miracles.

          5/10 - Dingwalls, London

          What's Dingwalls like? Haven't ever been there.

          juddy
        • Andy Benham
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2004
            On 3 Feb 2004 at 9:38, Justin Hopper wrote:

            > Check it out here:
            > http://www.sugarhillrecords.com/events/seeartist.cgi?Terry+Allen
            >
            > In a bizarre and glorious twist of fate, not only is Allen playing the UK
            > while I'm in England, he's playing London on a night I'll actually be in
            > London. Small miracles.
            >
            > 5/10 - Dingwalls, London
            >
            > What's Dingwalls like? Haven't ever been there.
            >
            > juddy

            Now called Lock 17, its just off Camden High St. near Camden Town
            Tube. I haven't been myself but it is a well known London venue,
            albeit quite small I think. Certainly you should try to get tickets in
            advance if possible.

            Andy