Clip: Bright Eyes, My Morning Jacket Frontmen Team with M. Ward For Acoustic Tour

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2004
      I imagine a couple of listmembers might be interested in this tour.

      Carl Z.

      Bright Eyes, My Morning Jacket Frontmen Team with M. Ward For Acoustic Tour
      "Who's On First?" routine kills, but Three Stooges impressions still way

      [Posted Tuesday, January 6th, 2003 06:00:00 Pitchfork Central Time]

      Chris Rediske and Micah Harding report:
      It's like the lone ranger with two of his friends. Or the three musketeers
      without that D'Artagnan asshole. Or Crosby, Stills, and Nash before Neil
      Young had to stick his mutton chops into the mix and ruin everything.
      Anyway, here's the thing: three luminaries of the indie world are pounding
      the asphalt and playing nice together on the road this spring. Conor Oberst
      of Bright Eyes, Jim Jones of My Morning Jacket, and M. Ward of, well, M.
      Ward, are playing a collaborative series of shows throughout February,
      culminating in a once-in-a-lifetime leap-year performance-- dare you miss

      Each show will feature a (roughly) half-hour solo performance from each of
      the artists, followed by an (also roughly) hour collaboration featuring all
      three. No word on whose songs will be featured-- or hell, maybe it'll be
      all Crosby, Stills, and Nash covers (I think Jim Jones can hit all the high
      notes). Whatever the situation, it sounds interesting, so check it out if
      they're coming to a town near you:

      02-19 Omaha, NE - Witherspoon Concert Hall
      02-20 Minneapolis, MN - Pantages Theatre
      02-21 Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
      02-22 Pittsburgh, PA - Club Laga
      02-23 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
      02-24 Jersey City, NJ - Loews Theatre
      02-26 Northampton, MA - Pearl St
      02-27 Winooski, VT - Higher Ground
      02-28 Providence, RI - Lupos at the Strand
      02-29 Sommerville, MA - Sommerville Theatre

      As for the future plans of each of our heroes, M. Ward is currently working
      on the new Beth Orton album, producing some of the tracks as well as
      contributing his considerable guitar talents to the proceedings. He may
      also be playing some shows with Orton in Australia prior to the three-fer
      tour, but those plans are still tentative.

      Oberst will be doing some Bright Eyes recording in January-- currently the
      plan is to release an EP in fall, and a full-length follow-up to 2002's
      Lifted in January 2005. Saddle Creek's website recently announced that a
      planned album and tour from Oberst's Desaparecidos side project will likely
      not be happening this spring as reported, but we're sure the prolific
      Oberst will find plenty to keep him busy until that comes together. As
      previously reported by Pitchfork, Bright Eyes and Neva Dinova have a split
      EP, One Jug Of Wine, Two Vessels, coming out this month on Crank! Records
      with three new songs from each artist. Oberst is also contributing vocals
      to the forthcoming record from Dntel.

      Jim James is spending January touring America with his bandmates in My
      Morning Jacket. Following the busy 16-day tour, the Jacket will appear at
      the NME Awards, held at London's fine Astoria theatre (notice the British
      spelling) along with Junior Senior, Thrice (ugh), Black Rebel Motorcycle
      Club, Ryan Adams (oh boy), and Ima Robot (wacky). So let's wrap things up
      with those dates, shall we? Here you go:

      01-16 Birmingham, AL - WorkPlay
      01-17 Atlanta, GA - Cotton Club
      01-18 Knoxville, TN - Blue Cat's
      01-20 Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
      01-21 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
      01-23 Charlottesville, VA - Starr Hill
      01-24 Richmond, VA - The Canal Club
      01-26 Northampton, MA - Iron Horse Music Hall
      01-27 Burlington, VT - Higher Ground
      01-28 Portland, ME - Space Gallery
      01-30 Lancaster, PA - The Chameleon
      01-31 Washington, D.C. - 9:30 Club

      .: Pitchfork Review: My Morning Jacket: It Still Moves
      .: Pitchfork Review: Bright Eyes: Lifted, Or The Story Is In The Soil...
      .: Pitchfork Review: M. Ward: Transfiguration of Vincent
      .: Pitchfork News: My Morning Jacket Invades Europe, Drop Single In November
      .: Pitchfork News: Bright Eyes, Neva Dinova Split an EP
      .: My Morning Jacket: http://www.mymorningjacket.com
      .: Bright Eyes: http://www.saddle-creek.com/bands/brighteyes
      .: M. Ward: http://www.giantsand.com/mward