The Fall email spam game

  • Justin Hopper
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
      Here's a fresh new game to play, where I assemble Fall album's from the
      increasingly Mark-E-Smith-ish subject lines of my hundreds of daily spam
      emails.

      Here's today's new EP, each title taken from a real live email rec'd this
      a.m.:

      The Fall - Gallonage Flotilla Bureacracy Daredevil

      Side One
      Cathy Layman Domino
      Kuzmins Hand Fell
      Explosive; More Intense

      Side Two
      Jamestown Gerber Aldehyde
      Connecticut Fructose Equivocal
      ULB, With His Accomplices

      juddy

      Justin Hopper
      Music Editor
      Pittsburgh City Paper
      650 Smithfield St., Ste. 2200
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222
      www.pghcitypaper.com
      phone: 412-316-3342 x165
      fax: 412-316-3388
      jhopper@...

      "This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a
      period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission,
      will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it.
      Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted
      to do." -- Woody Guthrie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
        --On Monday, January 5, 2004 9:09 AM -0500 Justin Hopper
        <jhopper@...> wrote:

        > Here's a fresh new game to play, where I assemble Fall album's from the
        > increasingly Mark-E-Smith-ish subject lines of my hundreds of daily spam
        > emails.

        That's hilarious, Justin. I can't contribute much (which is a good thing,
        I guess, or maybe my spammers are just more boring), but a bonus track
        named "glacis director doolittle carbonyl" might sound good sneered by the
        man...

        Carl Z.
      • Wilson, Carl
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
          That's hilarious. I didn't find quite the same riches in my daily shovelful of spam, but some of these (esp. side 1, track 5) are pretty good:

          The Fall - Atlantica Carolinian Chord

          Side 1
          This Taletelling About UMLXT
          The Hundreds Are Absolutely Incredible
          RHD, The Secretary Stopped
          Brouhaha Elsevier
          Torn White Tolstoy

          Side 2
          The Chambermaid Law
          Curve Kennell Inc.
          The Two Waiters
          Altogether Fold
          Extoller Formatting Servant France
        • Jason Witherspoon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
            Well, not that Fall-y, but given what a subject header!:

            bloodroot embryo alistair chesapeake horseflesh

            --
            Jason Witherspoon
            --- ---

            "Gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman."

            --Herr Gropenf├╝hrer Schwarzenegger

            October Surprise: Another 9/11?:

            http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/11/20/185048.shtml
            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5269-2003Nov21.html
            http://www.wsws.org/articles/2003/nov2003/warn-n27.shtml

            War Pigs Rejoice! War Profiteering: Legal!

            http://www.hillnews.com/news/110503/profiteering.aspx
            http://www.indybay.org/news/2003/11/1657848.php

            http://www.bushintegritywatch.com
            http://www.opednews.com/duncan1103_bush_fear_factory.htm
          • Wilson, Carl
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2004
              ooh, and then awhile after sending out my last try, I get Mark E. Smith's spankin' new spam double-sided single in my in-box:

              The Fall - Periodic Cadillac Epileptic Mana
              b/w PR Hefty Dictate Naive Principia

              This is making spam a lot easier to live with.

              carl w.

              (by the way "Spankin' new spam double-sided single/ In my in-box!" just might be the first two lines of Periodic Cadillac Epileptic Mana).