Topsoil/Haywire Playlist for 1/4/4 onWXDU Durham NC

  • steve@topsoil.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2004
      Hi,

      Happy New Year!

      Cheers.
      Steve Gardner
      www.topsoil.net
      www.wxdu.org
      www.clinkmagazine.com

      TOPSOIL
      =======
      *Bottle Rockets/Bud Nanney's Theme/Bottle Rockets/ESD
      [Theme song]

      *Marah/Christian St./Kids in Philly/E-Squared
      *Marah/Barstool Boys/Kids in Philly/E-Squared
      [We were treated to another fine show by Marah in Raleigh last week.]
      *Bare Jr./The Most/Boo-TAY/Epic
      *Old 97s/Singular Girl/King Of All The World Promo EP/Elektra

      *Jimmie Rivers and the Cherokees/After You've Gone/Brisbane Bop/Joaquin
      *Wayne Hancock/Walkin' The Dog/Swing Time/Bloodshot
      *Speedy West and Jimmy Bryant/The Night Rider/Stratosphere Boogie/Razor
      and Tie
      *Adolph Hofner/Why Should I Cry Over You?/South Texas Swing/Arhoolie

      *Robbie Fulks/Dirty-Mouthed Flo/South Mouth/Bloodshot
      *Doug Sahm/Oh No! Not Another One/The Return of Wayne Douglas/Tornado
      *Gary Stewart/Drinkin' Thing/Gary's Greatest/Hightone
      *Thad Cockrell/Warmth & Beauty/Warmth & Beauty/Yep Roc

      *Neko Case/In California/Canadian Amp/Lady Pilot
      *Butch Hancock, Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Paul Kelly/Special Treatment/Live
      In Australia/Virgin
      *Gerald Collier/You Stand Before Me Crying/Breakin' Down/Isota

      TOPSOIL ALBUM FEATURE OF THE MONTH
      Terry Allen
      "Juarez"
      (Sugar Hill Records)
      -Introduction
      *The Juarez Device
      *The Characters/A Simple Story
      -The California Section
      *Cortez Sail
      *Border Palace
      *Dogwood
      *Writing On The Rocks Across The USA
      *The Radio...And Real Life

      *Guy Clark/Let Him Roll/Keepers/Sugar Hill
      *Bottle Rockets/Lucky Break/Blue Sky/Sanctuary
      *The Schramms/Deny You/100 Questions/Innerstate
      *Trent Summar and the New Row Mob/Starletta/Trent Summar and the New Row
      Mob/VFR
      *Supersuckers/Hangin' Out With Me/Must've Been Live/Mid-Fi Recordings
      *Two Dollar Pistols/Lonely Ave/Step Right Up/Yep Roc
      *Yayhoos/What Are We Waiting For/Fear Not The Obvious/Bloodshot

      *Drive-By Truckers/When The Pin Hits The Shell/Decoration Day/New West
      *Reckless Kelly/I Saw It Coming/Under The Table and Above The Sun/Sugar Hill
      *Chuck Prophet and the Mission Express/Rise/Turn the Pigeons Loose: Live
      in San Francisco 2000/Cooking Vinyl

      HAYWIRE
      =======
      *The Wrens/She Sends Kisses/The Meadowlands/Absolutely Kosher
      *South/Loosen Your Hold/With The Tides/Kinetic
      *Coldplay/Green Eyes/A Rush of Blood To The Head/Capitol
      *Decemberists/Grace Cathedral Hill/Castaways and Cutouts/Kill Rock Stars
      *Death Cab For Cutie/Transatlanticism/Transatlanticism/Barsuk

      *Al Green/Not Tonight/I Can't Stop/Blue Note
      *Mark Farina/Love Make's/Air Farina/Om
      *Crack: We Are Rock/Baby Devil/Cosmic Mind Flight/Tigerbeat6
      *Modest Mouse/Heart Cooks Brain/Lonesome Crowded West/Up
      *Little Killers/Butterfingers/Little Killers/Crypt
      *Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Tick/Fever To Tell/Interscope

      *Teenage Fanclub/The Concept/4,766 Degrees/Jetset
      *Thalia Zedek/Dance Me To The End Of Love/Been There And Gone/Matador
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2004
        --On Sunday, January 4, 2004 2:57 PM -0500 steve@... played on his
        show:

        > *Chuck Prophet and the Mission Express/Rise/Turn the Pigeons Loose: Live
        > in San Francisco 2000/Cooking Vinyl

        I didn't know he had a live album out. Does it include a DJ? A good
        version of "Dyin' All Young"?

        Carl Z.
      • Steve Gardner
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2004
          > *Chuck Prophet and the Mission Express/Rise/Turn the Pigeons Loose: Live
          > in San Francisco 2000/Cooking Vinyl

          I didn't know he had a live album out. Does it include a DJ? A good
          version of "Dyin' All Young"?
          ===

          It's an import that I just happened to find used. It came out in 2001. It
          doesn't have a DJ, but it is a full band. The version of "Dyin' All Young"
          sounds even more soulful, but I like the sample of "didn't even see the sun
          setting" better than the background singers singin' it. It's good, though. I
          found it used and it was worth the money.

          steve