Re: [fearnwhiskey] 2003

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      Tom wrote of my favorite album of 2003:

      > It's like listening to wondrous free-form radio station

      That may be the best one-line summation of _Speakerboxx/The Love Below_
      I've seen. Outkast's ability to play (and play with) so many styles and
      moods makes me think of the let's try anything 'cause we can pull it off
      approach of the Beatles, Stevie Wonder or Who at their peaks. By the time
      Andre's version of "My Favorite Things" comes on, I think I've been
      listening to a really good digital cable station.

      _Speakerboxx/The Love Below_ just topped 3 million in US sales. Maybe it
      could help change radio for the better in 2004? Hope so, and hope all of
      you enjoy the new year and whatever it brings.