Topsoil/Haywire Playlist for 11/30/3 on WXDU Durham NC

  • steve@topsoil.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hi,

      Here is today's playlist.

      Cheers.
      Steve Gardner
      www.topsoil.net
      www.wxdu.org
      www.clinkmagazine.com

      TOPSOIL
      =======
      *Bottle Rockets/Bud Nanney's Theme/Bottle Rockets/ESD
      [Theme song]

      *Six String Drag/Ghost/High Hat/E-Squared
      [This was the first song that Six String Drag played last weekend at the
      Alejandro Escovedo benefit. It was awesome. And over $10k was raised for
      Alejandro.]
      *Tommy Womack Band/Skinny & Small/Washington DC/tommywomack.com
      *Jesse Harris and the Ferdinandos/All My Life/The Secret Sun/Blue Thumb
      *Jayhawks/Nevada, CA/Hollywood Town Hall
      *Hot Club of Cowtown/My Window Faces The South/Continental Stomp/Hightone
      [Recorded live in Austin at the Continental Club.]

      *Willie Nelson/Heaven and Hell/Phases and Stages/Atlantic
      *Lyle Lovett/Family Reserve/Joshua Judges Ruth/MCA
      [This is the "People Who Died" of the country world. Or it should be. It's
      an account of everyone who has died in Lyle's family and how it happened.]
      *Tom T Hall/Homecoming/Greatest Hits, Vol 1 and II/?
      *Tolan McNeil/I'm Easy/A Tribute to Nashville/Mint
      [This is a tribute to the Robert Altman movie, Nashville.]
      *Richard Ferreira/Guilford Mill/Somewhereville/Miranda

      *Kip Boardman/Edendale/Upon the Stars/Ridisculous
      *Drive-By Truckers/Outfit/Decoration Day/New West
      *Billy Joe Shaver/Amtrak (Ain't Going Back)/Restless Wind: 1973-1987/Razor
      and Tie
      *Scott Miller and the Commonwealth/Amtrak Crescent/Upside Downside/Sugar Hill

      TOPSOIL ALBUM FEATURE OF THE MONTH
      The Bottle Rockets
      Blue Sky
      (Sanctuary Records)
      *Blue Sky
      *Mom & Dad
      *I.D. Blues
      *The Last Time

      *Sundowners/It's My Way/Chicago Country Legends/Bloodshot Revival
      *Loretta Lynn/Success/Country Music Hall of Fame/MCA
      *Dixie Chicks/Hello Mr. Heartache/Top of the World Tour - Live/Columbia
      *Two Dollar Pistols/That Someone Isn't Me/You Ruined Everything/Yep Roc

      *Marah/Firecracker/Let's Cut the Crap and Hook Up Later On Tonight/Black Dog
      *Avett Brothers/Love Like The Movies/A Carolina Jubilee/Ramseur
      *Magnolia Electric Co/Farewell Transmission/Magnolia Electric Co/Secretly
      Canadian
      [Playing at the Cats Cradle on Dec 4 with Arab Strap.]
      *Frog Holler/Suit and Tie/Railings/Record Cellar

      *Backsliders/My Baby's Gone/Throwin' Rocks at the Moon/Mammoth
      *Patty Hurst Shifter/The Fast and Fevered Fall/Beestinger Lullabies/Ricebox
      *Buick MacKane/Loose/The Pawn Shop Years/Rykodisc
      [Alejandro Escovedo's rock band covering the Stooges classic. Obviously,
      Topsoil switched to Haywire one song early this week.<g>
      www.alejandrofund.com]

      HAYWIRE
      =======
      *D4/Heartbreaker/6Twenty/Infectious-Flying Nun
      [Rock music from New Zealand. Great band.]
      *The Screaming Tribesmen/Igloo/All Hail the Tribesmen Anthology:
      1982-1993/Raven
      [This Australian bands plays one of their hits...from over there, not over
      here.]
      *Doctor's Mob/She Said, She Said/She Said 12"/Echo
      [A nice fuzzy cover of the Beatles classic from 1986 from this band from
      Austin, TX.]

      *Dolorean/Spoil Your Dawn/Not Exotic/Yep Roc
      *The Shins/Pink Bullets/Chutes Too Narrow/Sub Pop

      *Elliott Smith/Pretty (Ugly Before)/Pretty (Ugly Before) 7"/Suicide Squeeze
      [Limited edition 7" gives us a little something as we wait for the late
      great Elliott Smith's new full-length in 2004.]
      *David Dondero/See It Clear/The Transient/Future Farmer
      *Nada Surf/Blizzard of '77/Let Go/Barsuk
      *The Wrens/This Boy Is Exhausted/The Meadowlands/Absolutely Kosher

      *J-Live/School's In/We Came From Beyond, Vol 2/Razor and Tie
      [Mike Nardone, a DJ at KXLU in Los Angeles, has pulled together this CD, a
      second compilation of indie hip hop.]
      *Dr Octagon/Earth People/Dr Octagynecologyst/Dreamworks
      *Amon Tobin (remixed by Prefuse 73)/Verbal (Dipped Escalade mix)/Verbal
      Remixes and Collaborations/Ninja Tune

      *The Gun Club/She's Like Heroin To Me/Fire of Love/Slash
      *Adolescents/LA Girl/Adolescents/Frontier