Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Heroine Sheiks, Liquor Giants, Knoxville Girls

  • David Atteberry
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2003
      Stevo <Stuggy@...> wrote:

      Would you start with the first lp or the 2nd?

      Go with the second one -- a little more bluesy, a good dose of dark humor. Good covers of Hank Williams, and a song that was done by the Shangri-La's but that could also be a cover.

      Did Kid leave after that?
      Did they continue?

      Not sure of either one and I don't know about the Liquor Giants

      I wanted the Heroine Sheiks to be really good. I thought Norman
      Westberg was probably an interesting guitarist who wasn't heard at
      full stretch in the Swans, or at least the full stretch he was heard
      at was not his own device.

      I agree. He's probably the best part of Heroine Sheiks but could still be used more effictively

      Does anybody have any thoughts on the Tar Babies, Das Damen or Banyan
      while I'm asking?

      Seems like I used to enjoy Das Damen but don't remember much about them.

      The Tar Babies came from Madison Wisconsin and had at least one record on SST (I'm almost sure). Their attempts at what I can best describe as hyper art-funk is almost as horrible as their name. Doug Herndon who's now in Tortoise was a member.

      But hey, just my opinions. You can probably find samples or full songs on the net w/out too much hassle.
      David

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT