Caspar Brotzmann mute Massaker

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2003
      I just got this through the post this morning.
      Caspar Brotzmann who was previously a far more European/angular/
      abstract Hendrix influenced guitarist is showing far more bluesy
      influence on 6 long instrumental workouts. this came out 3 years back
      but I hadn't gotten around to getting hold of it til now
      I just think it might well appeal to the more adventurous of you crew.
      Pretty Band of Gypsies/Star Strangled banner type stuff , may a bit
      reminiscent of Billy TK too.
      He's the son of the avant-garde jazz saxophonist Peter Brotzmann who
      was described as Albert Ayler withy the blues ripped out. Caspar had
      a similar relationship to Hendrix.
      Anyway I like it, think others might.
      If you do I'd also reccommend the previous lp Home, which was the
      last one recorded with the previous rhythm section. Thats a lot more
      violent sounding but still pretty deeply trippy.
      Stevo
      Np Nebula Dos E.ps Fly On