Topsoil/Haywire Playlist for 11/2/3 on WXDU Durham NC

  • steve@topsoil.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2003
      Today's playlist. Ta daaaa....

      Steve Gardner
      Topsoil/Haywire
      Clink Magazine
      www.topsoil.net
      www.clinkmagazine.com
      www.wxdu.org

      TOPSOIL
      =======
      *Bottle Rockets/Bud Nanney's Theme/Bottle Rockets/ESD
      [Theme song]

      *Norah Jones/The Grass Is Blue/Just Because I'm A Woman: Songs of Dolly
      Parton/Sugar Hill
      *Thad Cockrell/Some Tears/Warmth and Beauty/Yep Roc
      *Jimmie Dale Gilmore/That Hardwood Floor/Jimmie Dale Gilmore/Hightone
      *Hot Club of Cowtown/Pussy, Pussy, Pussy/Continental Stomp/Hightone
      [A bonus track, a cover of Smokey Montgomery's cult classic of western
      swing innuendo, on this new live album.]
      *Maddox Brothers and Rose/Move it on Over/America's Most Colorful
      Hillbilly Band/Arhoolie

      *Hank Williams/When God Dips His Pen of Love In My Heart/The Complete Hank
      Williams/Mercury
      *Merle Haggard/Sing A Sad Song/Hurtin'/Capitol
      *Ray Price/Heartaches By the Numbers/The Essential Ray Price/Columbia Legacy
      *Skeeter Davis/The One You Slip Around With/The Essential Skeeter Davis/RCA
      *Patty Loveless/Last In A Long Lonesome Line/On Your Way Home/Epic

      *Frog Holler/Hole in the Ground/Railings/Record Cellar
      [Playing tonight at the Manbites Dog Theater in Durham (just past the
      centerfield wall of the old Durham Bulls ballpark.]
      *Jackpot/Waterfall/Weightless/Future Farmer
      *Marah/History of Where Someones Been Killed/Kids in Philly/E-Squared
      [Playing acoustic at the Cave on Wed. Go see this then run over to the 506
      and see Grand Champeen!]
      *Cory Branan/Miss Ferguson/The Hell You Say/Madjack
      *Rolling Stones/Torn and Frayed/Exile on Main Street/Rolling Stones

      ALBUM FEATURE OF THE MONTH
      The Bottle Rockets "Blue Sky" (Sanctuary)
      *Lucky Break
      *Man of Constant Anxiety
      *I Don't Wanna Go Back

      *Kelly Hogan/Sugarbowl/Because It Feel Good/Bloodshot
      *Graham Parker/I Want You Back (Alive)/Passion Is No Ordinary Word/Rhino
      [A cover of the song the Jackson 5 made popular. Not very twangy, but I
      couldn't resist. It's good to be the king!]

      *Graham Lindsey/I Won't Let You Down/Famous Anonymous Wilderness/Catamount
      *Virgil Shaw/Owner Operator/Still Falling/Future Farmer
      *Star Room Boys/Why Do Lonely Men and Women Want to Break Each Other's
      Hearts/Why Do Lonely Men and Women Want to Break Each Other's
      Hearts/Strictly Bush
      *Uncle Tupelo/Chickamauga/Anodyne/Sire

      *Paul Burch/Life Of A Fool/Fool For Love/Bloodshot
      *Ray Condo and his Ricochets/I Lost My Gal in the Yukon/Door to Door
      Maniac/Joaquin
      *Red Stick Ramblers/Stay All Night/Bring It On Down/Memphis
      *Jesse Dayton/Creek Between Heaven and Hell/Tall Texas Tales/Stag
      *Bob Dylan/It's All Over Now, Baby Blue/Live 1966/Columbia Legacy
      *Centro-matic/Flashes and Cables/Love You Just The Same/Misra

      HAYWIRE
      =======
      *Grand Champeen/One and Only/The One That Brought You/Glurp
      [Playing on Wed at the Local 506.]
      *Misfits/Skulls/Walk Among Us/Ruby
      [A completely distubing song that I like for some reason. Maybe there's
      backwards masking on it or something. Actually, suddenly I have the urge
      to commit horrific crimes just because I listened to this song. Hmmm.]
      *Shins/Kissing the Lipless/Chutes Too Narrow/Sub Pop
      [This song is worth the price of the whole CD. Really. And the rest of the
      CD is good too. Bonus!]
      *Big Star/Thirteen/#1 Record/Stax-Ardent

      *The Rapture/Olio/Echoes/Strummer
      [Ohmygodilovethisalbumsomuch.]
      *The Cure/Pornography/Pornography/A&M
      *Atmosphere/Good Times/Seven's Travels/Epitaph-Rhymesayer

      *Portastatic/Bobby Jean/Autumn Was A Lark/Merge
      [A Bruce Springsteen cover.]
      *David Dondero/The Living and the Dead/The Transient/Future Farmer
      *Dismemberment Plan/Time Bomb/A People's History of the Dismemberment
      Plan/DeSoto
      [Remixed by ASCDI.]
      *Death Cab For Cutie/Passenger Seat/Transatlanticism/Barsuk
      *Mel Torme/Making Whoopee/The Essential Mel Torme/Warner Bros
      [A song about doing it.]

      *Grandaddy/I'm on Standby/Sumday/V2
      [I love Grandaddy's sad songs about robots.]
      *Eels/Agony/Shootenanny!/Dreamworks