Tuesday's new releases & reissues

    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 29, 2003
      Speaking of Sun Ra, Atavistic is issuing some of his 50's tracks on Tuesday.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release199.asp

      new releases
      november 04

      Ryan Adams Love Is Hell, Part 1 (EP) and Rock 'n' Roll (ICE #200) (Lost
      Highway)

      Afrika Bambaataa Presents Eastside (two CDs) (Obsessive)

      Dolorean Not Exotic (Yep Roc)

      Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks Featuring an All-Star Cast of Friends (CD/DVD
      combo; ICE #200) (Surfdog)

      Tish Hinojosa From Texas for a Christmas Night (Texas Music)

      Movietone The Sand and the Stars (Drag City)

      The Mummies Death by Unga Bunga (Estrus)

      June Panic Hope You Fail Better (Secretly Canadian)

      Parker/Drumm/Zerrang Out Trios Volume 2 (Atavistic)

      Iggy Pop Skull Ring (ICE #199) (Virgin)

      Toni Price Born to Be Blue (w/James Burton and Cindy Cashdollar; ICE #200)
      (Antone's/Texas Music Group)

      Henry Rollins Get in the Van (two CDs) (2.13.61)

      Spokane Measurement (mixed by Brian Paulson) (Jagjaguwar)

      Sun Kil Moon (Mark Kozelek) Ghosts of the Great Highway (ICE #200) (Jetset)

      U.S. Maple Purple on Time (Drag City)

      DVD David Cross Let America Laugh (Sub Pop)

      from the vaults
      november 04

      Delaney Bramlett Sweet Inspiration (Sound City)

      Gene Clark & Carla Olson So Rebellious a Lover (ICE #200) (Fuel 2000)

      Nat King Cole The Classic Singles (four-CD box set; ICE #200) (Capitol)

      Duke Ellington and His Famous Orchestra Best of the War Years
      (Stardust/Cleopatra)

      Peter Gabriel HIT (two CDs; ICE #200) (Geffen/UME)

      Merv Griffin Complete Columbia Recordings (Collectables)

      Guided by Voices The Best of: Human Amusements at Hourly Rates and Hardcore
      UFOs Box Set: Revelations, Epiphanies and Fast Food in the Western
      Hemisphere (five-disc box set) (Matador)

      Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Chicago Blues Festival 1964 (ICE #200)
      (Stardust/Cleopatra)

      Bert Jansch Avocet (Sanctuary/Castle)

      J.B. Lenoir The Parrot Sessions (expanded edition) (E2)

      Robert Plant Sixty Six to Timbuktu (two CDs) (Atlantic)

      Louis Prima & His Orchestra Best of the War Years (Stardust/Cleopatra)

      Sun Ra Spaceship Lullaby (1954-60) (Atavistic/UMS)

      Leon Redbone Christmas Island (w/bonus track) (Rounder)

      Charlie Rich Complete Singles Plus: 1958-1963 The Sun Years (Varèse Vintage)

      Art Tatum The Best of the Pablo Solo Masterpieces (Pablo)

      The Undertones True Confessions (A-and B-sides; ICE #200) (Sanctuary/Castle)

      West Coast Consortium Looking Back (Sanctuary/Castle)

      The Yardbirds Blueswailing! - Live '64 (ICE #200) (Sanctuary/Castle)

      DVD Sub Pop Video Network Program One (Sub Pop)

      DVD Björk Minuscule (ICE #196) (One Little Indian)

      DVD Peter Gabriel Growing Up Live (ICE #200) (Geffen/UME)

      DVD Guided by Voices Watch Me Jumpstart (ICE #200) (Matador)

      DVD The Undertones Teenage Kicks (ICE #200) (Sanctuary)

      SACD Sarah Vaughan Sarah Vaughan (hybrid) (Verve)

      SACD Dinah Washington What a Diff'rence a Day Makes (hybrid) (Verve)
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 8 10:56 AM
        My pleasure Linda. I've habitually scanned these release dates for years,
        so it's second nature for me to winnow out the interesting-looking titles
        and pass 'em on. -cz

        --On Thursday, April 8, 2004 7:22 PM +0800 Linda Maxwell