RE: [fearnwhiskey] Re: upcoming releases ranked!

  • Jason E Baldwin
    Message 1 of 55 , Aug 2, 2002
      Steve wrote:

      < I really liked Grant Lee Buffalo, but that last Grant Lee Phillips solo
      < album has got me kinda worried for the new one.

      The "new" one, LADIES' LOVE ORACLE, was actually self-released in September
      2000 (and still available through cdbaby.com) is more or less Grant and his
      12-string and a minimum of percussion accompaniment. I liked it better than
      MOBILIZE, really, just for "Lonesome Serenade" and "St. Expedite". In the
      Grant Lee Buffalo/Phillips spectrum, I'd rank them thusly:

      1. MIGHTY JOE MOON
      2. FUZZY
      3. COPPEROPOLIS
      4 (tie). LADIES' LOVE ORACLE
      4 (tie). JUBILEE
      6. MOBILIZE

      Which is not to say that I don't love each and every one of them. GLB/P
      were/are among my favorite performers ever. Have you tasted the finest of
      trout?

      -Jason
    • jlswedberg
      Message 55 of 55 , Aug 16, 2002
        Yeah, kind of! Of course, I already sold the record back, so I can't
        listen to it *again* to be sure. <g>

        --Jamie "gosh, that was quick" S.