Holly Golightly

  • David Atteberry
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      I can appreciate her handling of the heckler and I generally enjoy her music but it's comments like this that drive me up the wall:

      "Turn up, unload your gear, play, load your
      gear, drive out of town. To do it like that is just soul-destroying."

      Touring is a choice. Do it or don't. No one is holding a gun to your head, not even a record label which may be pressuring you. But for god's sake, spare us the bullshit melodrama.

      David

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        --On Thursday, October 2, 2003 5:13 PM -0700 David Atteberry
        <bikejazzboy@...> wrote:

        > Touring is a choice. Do it or don't. No one is holding a gun to your
        > head, not even a record label which may be pressuring you. But for god's
        > sake, spare us the bullshit melodrama.

        To be fair, what she does is tour rarely. Very rarely. So I took it that
        she was explaining her choice.

        I got more biographical information out of that article than anything else
        in the 7-8 years I've been following her. Thanks Bill!