RE: [fearnwhiskey] Tuesday's new releases & reissues

  • Wilson, Carl
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 2, 2003
      Dr. Zimring asks:
      Anyone know anything about the Robert Wyatt disc?

      And Jason B. replies:
      >If I remember correctly, I have it for review but haven't got to it yet,
      it's actually a greatest hits/collection record.

      Nope. Such things do exist, but Cuckooland is his first album of new
      material since 1997's Shleep. I haven't listened to it yet, but the press
      release sez: "a subtle, eclectic, evocative record of beauty and true
      originality, deriving its inspiration from jazz, diverse music and cultures
      from around the world, politics, human relations, hopes and fears."

      Now, sure, the Limp Bizkit press release says exactly the same thing, but
      since it's Wyatt, I bet it's true. Shleep was a pretty great record.

      carl w.
      Message 38 of 38 , Apr 8 10:56 AM
        My pleasure Linda. I've habitually scanned these release dates for years,
        so it's second nature for me to winnow out the interesting-looking titles
        and pass 'em on. -cz

        --On Thursday, April 8, 2004 7:22 PM +0800 Linda Maxwell