RE: [fearnwhiskey] upcoming releases ranked!

  • Jason E Baldwin
    Message 1 of 55 , Aug 2, 2002
      Carl W. wrote:
      < Except for a couple of cuts, I agree about Canadian Amp, but it
      < was really
      < just a hobby project - it didn't even get a full release. I'd be very
      < surprised if Blacklisted didn't carry on or even improve on the high
      < standard of Furnace Room Lullaby, and I think the Burns-Covertino backup
      < should sound great.

      I scored a promo of BLACKLISTED a couple weeks ago, and it reminds me a lot
      of her last few live shows, but with drums. Kinda sleepy/down-tempo, and,
      sad as it is to say, kinda boring. She still has a great voice (and actually
      hits the high notes on the album on a few songs that she struggles with
      live), but I'm a little disappointed, not in that it's not good, because it
      is, but that it's not the album *I* wanted to hear from her. Which is to say
      it's still better than a lot of things I've bought this year so far.

      -Jason
    • jlswedberg
      Message 55 of 55 , Aug 16, 2002
        Yeah, kind of! Of course, I already sold the record back, so I can't
        listen to it *again* to be sure. <g>

        --Jamie "gosh, that was quick" S.