Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Pitchfork's guide to used CDs

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
      --On Thursday, October 2, 2003 3:38 PM +0000 Stevo <Stuggy@...>
      wrote:

      > I thunk everclear was a rarity now anyway. About time that Eitzel got
      > the reissues sorted innit?

      I'm pretty sure that Alias has never let _Everclear_ go out of print. I
      agree with Ott that the disc had a lot of reverb, but that's one of the
      things I like about the album (that goes for most of Neko Case's recorded
      output as well). I wish more bands imitated the lush production choices
      AMC made on _Everclear_...

      Carl Z.
    • Chris Hill
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
        >I thunk everclear was a rarity now anyway. About time that Eitzel
        >got the reissues sorted innit?
        >Stevo
        >Np Bob Dylan Live '75 Isis

        Have read that Tom Mallon is the sticking point for further AMC
        reissues, but that's second-hand info. Would love a remastered
        _California_.

        And I see _San Francisco_ twice as much in the used bins, and _West_
        most of all. Agreed that the article reveals biases, but that's
        Pitchfork's slant anyway - snide and provocative.

        Chris
        np: Downpilot, _Leaving Not Arriving_ - local band, highly
        recommended if you dug Sanford Arms' album. Male vox w/ female
        harmonies and violin, like a sweet Wilco laid over slow Son Volt
        music.
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
          --On Thursday, October 2, 2003 4:53 AM -1100 Chris Hill <chillout@...>
          wrote:

          > Have read that Tom Mallon is the sticking point for further AMC
          > reissues, but that's second-hand info. Would love a remastered
          > _California_.

          Amen to that. I don't know how much of it is Mallon or other red tape --
          didn't Warner Brothers have _California_ and _United Kingdom_ on their
          release schedule when they dropped Eitzel in '98? I assumed that dropping
          him shelved the reissues, which is a shame, but at least they got _Engine_
          back into print.

          > And I see _San Francisco_ twice as much in the used bins, and _West_
          > most of all. Agreed that the article reveals biases, but that's
          > Pitchfork's slant anyway - snide and provocative.

          And those are -- in order -- my two least favorite Eitzel recordings.
          _West_ is pleasant enough, but _San Francisco_ is the disc with atrocious
          production and the worst arrangements of the band's career.

          > Chris
          > np: Downpilot, _Leaving Not Arriving_ - local band, highly
          > recommended if you dug Sanford Arms' album. Male vox w/ female
          > harmonies and violin, like a sweet Wilco laid over slow Son Volt
          > music.

          Any mp3s out there?