Re: [fearnwhiskey] upcoming releases ranked!

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 55 , Aug 2, 2002
      >I have to admit being a little shocked by the low placement of the
      >Mekons on the list. To me they're an entirely different class of
      >musicians than the bands that you've got positioned in the 1-7 spot.

      That's just cuz I have never been much of a fan of the Waco Brothers (though
      I love Langford) and am a little leary of how that might affect the Mekons.
      I could be talked into moving them up to #6, but they aren't going to get
      past Neko. Not until I hear them, at least. :^)

      >Last week, I was out with some friends and we started a "rating game"
      >around 2am in the bar. One person throws three bands out that have
      >something in common and discussion ensues over the ranking of those three
      artists.

      That sounds like a dream date!

      George Clinton
      Prince
      Sly Stone

      steve
    • jlswedberg
      Message 55 of 55 , Aug 16, 2002
        Yeah, kind of! Of course, I already sold the record back, so I can't
        listen to it *again* to be sure. <g>

        --Jamie "gosh, that was quick" S.