Re: upcoming releases ranked!

  • dpurcell99
    Message 1 of 55 , Aug 2, 2002
      Allison Moorer and Mudhoney in front of Grant Lee Phillips (this
      should be in the reissue list, shouldn't it?) and Al Green? C'mon
      Steve!

      I'll give you S-K at #2, though...

      Dave

      Pike 27: http://www.pike27.net/

      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Steve Gardner" <steve@t...> wrote:

      > Since you guys had all the fun ranking AMC and Eitzel albums the
      other day,
      > I want to do the same with the upcoming records. I've gotten
      really good at
      > judging records before ever even hearing them (<g>) so I think I
      can be
      > pretty accurate. Here they are, the best at the top of the list
      and the
      > worst are at the bottom:
      >
      > 1. Bright Eyes Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to
      the
      > Ground
      > (Saddle Creek)
      > 2. Sleater-Kinney One Beat (Kill Rock Stars)
      > 3. Spoon Kill the Moonlight (Merge)
      > 4. Peter Bruntnell Ends of the Earth (Back Porch)
      > 5. Neko Case Blacklisted (Bloodshot)
      > 6. Milemarker Satanic Versus (EP; co-produced by Steve Albini)
      (Jade Tree)
      > 7. Elizabeth Cook Hey Y'All (Warner Bros. Nashville)
      > 8. The Mekons O.O.O.H. (Quarterstick)
      > 9. Kelly Willis Easy (Rykodisc)
      > 10. Nickel Creek This Side (Sugar Hill)
      > 11. The Two Dollar Pistols You RuinedEverything (Yep Roc)
      > 12. Dixie Chicks Home (Open Wide/Monument)
      > 13. Allison Moorer Miss Fortune (Universal South)
      > 14. Blind Boys of Alabama Higher Ground (Ben Harper and Robert
      Randolph
      > guest)
      > (Real World)
      > 15. Aimee Mann Lost in Space (Superego)
      > 16. Frank Black Black Letter Days and Devil's Workshop (spinART)
      > 17. Mudhoney Since We've Become Translucent (Sub Pop)
      > 18. Grant-Lee Phillips Ladies' Love Oracle (Zoƫ/Rounder)
    • jlswedberg
      Message 55 of 55 , Aug 16, 2002
        Yeah, kind of! Of course, I already sold the record back, so I can't
        listen to it *again* to be sure. <g>

        --Jamie "gosh, that was quick" S.