upcoming releases

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002
      There's lot of good stuff out (and some goofy stuff I couldn't resist
      including) towards the end of the month -- August 20th in particular looks
      to be quite strong. Has anyone heard the Elizabeth Cook or Mekons
      releases? I know the Mekons have done some live events based on _Oooh_
      over the past year...

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release185.shtm

      August 6

      Allison Moorer Miss Fortune (Universal South)

      Saturnalia Trio/Quartet Mercury Rising (New Weave)

      Steve Tibbetts A Man About a Horse (ECM)

      The Wildweeds The Best of: No Good to Cry (Al Anderson's pre-NRBQ outfit)
      (Confidential)

      Victoria Williams Sings Some Ol' Songs (DualTone)

      August 13

      Blue Mountain Tonight It's Now or Never (two-CD live set) (DCN)

      Bright Eyes Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
      (Saddle Creek)

      Marianne Faithfull Kissin' Time (w/ Beck, Blur, Pulp and Billy Corgan)
      (Virgin)

      Jay Farrar (ex-Son Volt/Uncle Tupelo) ThirdShiftGrottoSlack (EP) (Artemis)

      Paul Krassner Irony Lives (Artemis)

      Aimee Mann Lost in Space (Superego)

      Milemarker Satanic Versus (EP; co-produced by Steve Albini) (Jade Tree)

      Nickel Creek This Side (Sugar Hill)

      The Two Dollar Pistols You RuinedEverything (Yep Roc)

      August 20

      Frank Black Black Letter Days and Devil's Workshop (spinART)

      Neko Case Blacklisted (Bloodshot)

      Andy Dick & the Bitches of the Century Andy Dick & the Bitches of the
      Century (Milan)

      The Mekons O.O.O.H. (Quarterstick)

      Mudhoney Since We've Become Translucent (Sub Pop)

      John Oates Phunk Shui (Beyond)

      Grant-Lee Phillips Ladies' Love Oracle (Zoƫ/Rounder)

      Pulp We Love Life (Sanctuary/Rough Trade)

      Sleater-Kinney One Beat (Kill Rock Stars)

      Spoon Kill the Moonlight (Merge)

      Victory at Sea The Good Night (Kimchee)

      Kelly Willis Easy (Rykodisc)

      August 27

      Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash Distance Between (Ultimatum)

      Blind Boys of Alabama Higher Ground (Ben Harper and Robert Randolph guest)
      (Real World)

      Franklin Bruno A Cat May Look at a Queen (Absolutely Kosher)

      Peter Bruntnell Ends of the Earth (Back Porch)

      Elizabeth Cook Hey Y'All (Warner Bros. Nashville)

      The Dillinger Escape Plan Irony Is a Dead Scene (EP; Faith No More?s Mike
      Patton guests) (Epitaph)

      Dixie Chicks Home (Open Wide/Monument)

      Kahil El'Zabar Love Outside of Dreams (Delmark)

      Gordon Gano (of Violent Femmes) Hitting the Ground (Instinct)

      Al Green and the Othello Anderson Quintet Mister Lucky (Delmark)

      Rob Mazurek Silver Spines (Delmark)