nothing like fear and whiskey

  • jason baldinger
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 30 10:02 PM
      howdieeee,

      The good news is Fear and Whiskey will be continuing, with new hosts Karl Rimzig and Karl Grimzing, along with a player to be named later. I haven't heard wether or not the show may suffer a time change, but good enough to say that it will go on.
      Also I, Karl Grimzing, will be taking the helm of Fear and Whiskey, this Monday 6pm to 9pm on WRCT(88.3fm pgh or www.wrct.org), we going to run an hour longer for WRCT Anatomy of the Ear week.
      check it out.

      Mr. Underwater

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31 8:34 AM
        The show that cannot die!

        Carl Z.
        feeling somewhere between Doug Kinney and Pootie Tang

        --On Saturday, August 30, 2003 10:02 PM -0700 jason baldinger
        <underwaterculprit@...> wrote:

        > The good news is Fear and Whiskey will be continuing, with new hosts Karl
        > Rimzig and Karl Grimzing, along with a player to be named later. I
        > haven't heard wether or not the show may suffer a time change, but good
        > enough to say that it will go on. Also I, Karl Grimzing, will be taking
        > the helm of Fear and Whiskey, this Monday 6pm to 9pm on WRCT(88.3fm pgh
        > or www.wrct.org), we going to run an hour longer for WRCT Anatomy of the
        > Ear week. check it out.
        >
        > Mr. Underwater

      • olehbandu
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31 10:07 AM
          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Zimring <cz28@a...> wrote:
          > The show that cannot die!
          >
          > Carl Z.
          > feeling somewhere between Doug Kinney and Pootie Tang

          ....Yay! Gratifying to know the great show will continue. I am
          seriously considering now changing the name of the show I some day
          hope to do in hommage to this wonderfully enduring institution.
          Seriously, I'm not joking. Perhaps a parallel universe version; "fear
          and whiskers" (where a segment would be devoted to scarey music by
          men --or women--with facial hair); or "fear and friskies" (devoted to
          cool cat rockabilly and a segment devoted to psychotic and smarmy cat
          fancying themes); or "fear and prozac"/"fear and clozapam ( for and
          about good mental hygiene and chemical enhancement of same.

          I know, I know....'oh shut the fuck up!'
          Oleh
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
            --On Sunday, August 31, 2003 5:07 PM +0000 olehbandu <bandura@...>
            wrote:

            > I am
            > seriously considering now changing the name of the show I some day
            > hope to do in hommage to this wonderfully enduring institution.
            > Seriously, I'm not joking.

            The obvious companion show would be Beer & Loathing.

            Carl Z.
          • Rob Jefferson
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
              On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, olehbandu wrote:

              > ....Yay! Gratifying to know the great show will continue. I am
              > seriously considering now changing the name of the show I some day
              > hope to do in hommage to this wonderfully enduring institution.
              > Seriously, I'm not joking.

              Over the summer, I've been doing a show that bounced between
              techno/industrial and country/folk/indie, and I was half-tempted to call
              it "E and Whiskey", despite it not being a very appetizing combination.
              Instead, I took something that Carl mentioned and called it "No
              Compression" instead and decided to play everything I could get my grubby
              little paws on, with emphasis on the aforementioned.

              rob
            • olehbandu
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2003
                --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Zimring <cz28@a...> wrote

                > The obvious companion show would be Beer & Loathing.
                >
                > Carl Z.

                Hmmmmmm, very interesting.

                Yet, I see students...I see slackers...I see upscale university
                student slackers: 'tis "Beer and Loafing!"

                Oleh
                envisioning an easy vector where Hunter S and Doug Kinney might meet.
              • Mock the DJ
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
                  It's good to hear my idea took.
                  Yep, "Fear & Whiskey" will continue on WRCT with a rotating cast of
                  characters all named "Karl"

                  Who said Carl Zimring was becoming redundant?

                  Paul

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
                    --On Tuesday, September 2, 2003 12:59 PM -0400 Mock the DJ
                    <mockthedj@...> wrote:

                    > It's good to hear my idea took.
                    > Yep, "Fear & Whiskey" will continue on WRCT with a rotating cast of
                    > characters all named "Karl"
                    >
                    > Who said Carl Zimring was becoming redundant?

                    Who's Carl Zimring?

                    Karl Z.