Greyhound soul

  • Aleksandar Lazarevic
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
      Anyone had chance to hear new Greyhound soul album "Down"?
      GS leader is Joe Pena (Short way to end the day - How Gelb).
      Great one! Among the best this year.

      Aleksandar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
        --On Wednesday, July 31, 2002 5:44 PM +0200 Aleksandar Lazarevic
        <lavac@...> wrote:

        > Anyone had chance to hear new Greyhound soul album "Down"?
        > GS leader is Joe Pena (Short way to end the day - How Gelb).
        > Great one! Among the best this year.
        >
        > Aleksandar

        Hi Aleksander! First I've heard of it, is this a Glitterhouse release?
        Does it sound like Giant Sand?

        Carl Z.
      • Aleksandar Lazarevic
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
          > Hi Aleksander! First I've heard of it, is this a Glitterhouse release?
          > Does it sound like Giant Sand?
          >
          > Carl Z.

          I don;t know if Glitterhouse will release this one. That would be very smart if they decide to
          release it. GS are on label named 808. Don't know much about it. They do not sound like
          Giant Sand but honestly their new Down sound to me much better than
          Giant Sand - Cover magazine. www.greyhoundsoul.com Pena's voice sometimes reminds
          me of Tom Waits.
          Another question. Anyone heard about band LOG? I know they're unknown but they're
          unknown to me too. I found one MP3 on http://web.badtasterecords.se/ but haven't heard
          nothing more. According to the site they're Sweden most popular Lo-Fi band. In case
          someone knows more i'd like to see impressions written.

          All the best

          Aleksandar
          P.S. - While i was writing this there was a short earthquake.