Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Kristofferson tribute due in October

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2002
      >I don't know him either; maybe he has something out on Mint? How is the
      >Carolyn Mark disc? Does it sound much like the Corn Sisters?

      I'm wondering if he's more of a techy guy or something because he
      co-produced Carolyn's new disc. Carolyn's new disc sounds really good. I
      like her style, but I've sometimes had a little bit of a problem with her
      voice. I just don't always like the sound of it. But on this album I think
      she sounds better (or at least more to my liking.) If I were rating it on a
      5 star scale I'd give it a 3.5 or 4...and I'd give her last solo album a 2.5
      or a 3. So that's good.

      It doesn't really sound like the Corn Sisters too much...it's a little more
      uptown, with lots of the disc sounding a bit like country lounge music (and
      I mean that in a good way.)

      steve